7 million miles! (confused computer)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Well, this truck has been a wonder so far but I'm having my first issues. In troubleshooting some ODB-II codes, I noticed that the scanner is reading 6,903,365 miles (truck actually has 60K). The odometer on the dash is fine. I'm mainly wondering if anyone has encountered this as a warning sign of other more severe Land Rover electrical quirks. The wrong reading doesn't impact me, but has me on edge about some other items as my warranty expires this year.

2015 LR4

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which scan tool are you using?

I know everyone advocates for the GAP IID tool here, but it is super helpful if you're not using one.

You can pull mileage for the vehicle, and other parts of the vehicle to make sure they all match (miles on XYZ computer) - I can't remember exactly, but I think the transmission also logs miles.

The car even logs how many miles you drive in the different terrain response modes.

nemeth

Reaction score
I had a similar thing happen with my 2010 LR4. The scan tool at autozone said 1.4M miles (125k actual). Also, none of the codes that their tool pulled were relevant. These beautiful monsters require something extra like the GAP IiD tool.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72