95 Rr 4.0se (?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R

Russwess

I was wondering if any of you guys know why everytime I hit the brake that the traction, ABS, and brake cluster lights come on and go off? Any help would be nice.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Check your brake fluid level.... or you brake pads may be about worn out.

R

Russwess

The brake fluid level is fine, and the brake pads are almost 3/4 of an inch thick all around. I think the rotors might be worn out and needs replacing. Anyone know where I cen get cross drilled and slotted rotors with zink coating for a good price?

Could the rotors cause it to do this also???

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I doubt the rotors would cause this, but if you have never flushed the brake fluid, this could be a possible cause. Dirty brake fluid can cause sensors to act up.

DBA rotors from either www.greatbasinrovers.com or www.expiditionexchange.com I hope I spelled those right.

R

Russwess

What is the process for doing the fluid flush? I know alot about meachanics, but never done a fluid flush on the brakes. I have changed the pads and bled them before though!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Basically you want to add new fluid as you pump and drain the old fluid. This should be a normal maintenance item, but few people or mechanics do this. After you do it one time you will understand why, you will have brake fluid that comes out black as old used oil.

I personally use this: http://www.apexperformance.net/cartgenie/prodInfo.asp?pid=44&cid=8

works great, and even my local mechanic borrowed it once and has now requested one for his shop.

Worth every penny.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I should have added this as well. From the Motive web site FAQ's... also what I have been told for years.

Q: Why do I need to bleed my brakes?

A: Brake fluid absorbs water from the atmosphere, lowering its boiling point and causing corrosion. Particulate contamination--microscopic particles of rust and rubber--hastens wear of moving components. This is why manufacturers and mechanics recommend fully flushing hydraulic fluid annually. In addition, whenever the hydraulic system has been opened (e.g. when a hydraulic system component is changed), the system must be bled of air.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635