'98 range, door lock stuck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R

ryklism

hey guys, i came out tonight to my car the door opened fine i warmed it up went on my way..i get out go to the store, leave the car unlocked, when i get back in the door will not shut. the mechanism wouldn't lock! so i slammed it shut from the inside and pressed down the door lock. the lock closed but the door was still ajar. i pulled it shut and it stayed. i get to work pull up on the door lock button and it immediately goes down. i try again and it goes down and keeps all the doors locked from the inside. i try pulling up on the door button on the passenger side and it goes down immediately too. i had to open the window, use the remote to unlock and quickly use the passengers outside handle to get out. now the drivers door will not unlock at all, even with the key. each time the mechanism goes up it jumps back down. the only way i get in is to use the remote and quickly pull on the passenger handle, and after i open the door, the mechanism still goes down and locks the doors..i know it's stuck on the drivers side, what do i do to open it or disable the automatic close feature? please help
ps.. im from ny and it was freezing all day, the car was all iced up

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM