A/C Question After Engine Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TrinidadLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the engine got replaced in January due to seizing and until now, I never needed to use the A/C. Looks like it's blowing warm/lukewarm air on LO. I'm assuming that something happened during that major surgery and it is now low on freon(or empty). Any decent a/c shop should be able to test for leaks and refill, I'm guessing? Hopefully this is a fairly standard system, with hi/lo ports, etc. No trouble codes from IID tool. Need to address this before it really heats up. Also, anything to check before taking it in? Thanks a lot!

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it was low Freon you would get A code from the IID tool. Your most likely looking at a new compressor or condenser. I live in California so I already went through an a/c compressor. Funny story i actually went through two of them because my new one ceased up for a year and the shop did the compressor and an all new condense for free. Compressors are expensive, i hope that’s not the issue in your case but I wouldn’t be surprise.

TrinidadLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it was low Freon you would get A code from the IID tool. Your most likely looking at a new compressor or condenser. I live in California so I already went through an a/c compressor. Funny story i actually went through two of them because my new one ceased up for a year and the shop did the compressor and an all new condense for free. Compressors are expensive, i hope that’s not the issue in your case but I wouldn’t be surprise.
Interesting, because it was working perfectly before the transplant. Hoping it's something stupid and simple.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I was inspecting my current 2013 before purchase, it wasn’t blowing cold. The (non-LR) dealer took it back to the shop for a quick freon charge and it’s been fine ever since. You are right to start with the easy stuff first.

TrinidadLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After an evacuation, leak test and a 2lb refill(all using this fancy Snap-On machine), we are back in business. Not sure what happened but let's hope it stays working!

rne1876

Reaction score
how did you measure the oil and how much did you add? I'm changing the valve cover and the A/C line on the Driver's side is in my way thinking to recover the refrigerant and recharge although maybe I should ask around before doing so! Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA