A Rebirth of Sorts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

discomike

Well sometime back we were all talking about our Rovers and of course, their oil leaks. Well I tossed my 2 cents worth in, with picture in hand and said," I have a Rover and it doesn't leak". I then took some flak, even had one person say this can't be.
Oh well, I am here to say that with all I put my truck through, it has been pretty dry, up until now. I left it setting ine the car port for awhile and just realized I have 2 drip puddles forming, one engine, one tranny fluid.
Thank God for extended service contracts, cause I am going to use it again on my newly reborn truck, my 99 Disco 2, leaks and all.
Mike J.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its mid summer, Mike. Bounded to be happening. with all the wheeling in hot weather. Suck though.

Do tell when they found leaks - what the causes are :)

D

discomike

One looks like a front timing chain seal leak, the other is ATF leaking from one of the front cooler lines.
They are going to have to wait, I am going to the 4th. annual Rover Rendevos at Big Bear next weekend.
How is yout truck running??
Mike J.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah.. Thanks. I am just always on lookout for potential spots :) Mine keep having few drops of oil here and there, but its only drops nowdays, after i retightened rocker covers.

Is been running very nicely with new pump - i finally do not hear constant whining from rear as it works :) Unfortunately last Sunday it also developed weird spontaneous rough idle, that comes and goes as it pleased. And it has some weirdo thing on starting - turns but wont catch sometime. It just never ends :) And some other minor glitches. But other than that - its way cool. So far on trails its just scary how well it performs even over my newer XTerra. Absolutely love it. And all them glitches - well, its just yet another hobby after all - fixing truck :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99