abs problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grandmaster B

Reaction score
Hi folks I have on here searching the forums about this problem that seems common on these vehicles. I have 2000 D2 the normal abs lights are on. I had 3 codes P1590 P1701 P1704 the last 2 have went away for the moment after sea foaming the intake and adding some cleaner to the gas tank so far so good. the abs code i was told by a landrover mechanic is a rough terrain sensor code? so replaced all the brakes including calipers pads sensors rotors all of it yet the lights remain. so now do i replace the shutter valve and box? I bought a parts truck and it has that in there still so i can replace it if i need to. I bought a code scanner from autozone( yes i know the rover one tells you more information) I have cleared the codes but the abs lights never go off, is there away to clear them? unhook the battery? the code reads (P1590 manf cntrl Veh.spd. idle Speed control auxiliary inputs)

any help would be greatly appreciated thanks steve

SCdisco

Reaction score
Abs

My light has also been on forever along with the downhill light. I was told it was something wrong with vertical descent sensor when we hooked up to computer

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Clean you MAF

strtofdrms

Reaction score
Me too!

I have this problem on an 03 Disco. The abs and downhill lights come and go. I think its the sensor as the brakes are fine...but what can be done to resolve that issue with the sensor? Can't it be disabled?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
not sure what a clean maf has to do with the amigos or an abs sensor.

Wasn't talking about the ABS codes... I was thinking of the Rough Road sensor code. P1590.

If he still has the ABS lights then I would start with the Shuttle Valve (cheap fix, if the old Shuttle valve is covered in brake fluid it is the modulator).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink