AC drain location..help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1DaveJ68

Reaction score
Hi newbie here, I have a range rover sport 2010 3.0 HSE diesel with wet carpets. I have identified the problem as the drains for the air conditioning, but cannot find the 2 plugs to clean out. I know they are inside the engine bay but after hours looking I can't find them. Admittedly I've been looking from the aspect of the wheels, should I crawl under from the front of the car? Can anyone post a picture showing the location please as I'm going mad

acosta

Reaction score
I had this happen with my Discovery years age. Yes you need to crawl under in the area of the passenger compartment. Around the area of where the drivers feet would be. Then look around both sides of the transmission/driveshaft. Mine was an easy fix just clearing away the rubber cone shaped *******. Good hunting!

KW the JW

Reaction score
You can do it from the inside more easily. Mine was on the right side of the console. Remove the plastic cover and you will see a right angle rubber boot, have a pan ready, because when you pull it water everywhere. The pipe itself wasn’t plugged, it was the right angled boot, but just **** it out with compressed air, scrape it out a bit. There is a YouTube video that will assist in locating.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Per above where the post says the drain is accessed from the cabin, the attached link shows the AC drains on either side of the transmission ****. In my case, for my LR3, it was not plugged drains but the drain hose thru the floor was disconnected and hence the water soaked into the floor carpet. It was just a case of sliding the hose back over the drain *** off the AC ducting.
The are a couple of link to files re the drain. One has over 1800 views so some must have found it useful.

Here is the link to the other HVAC system related files such as the stepper motors.

Attachments

• Air Conditioning Drain on Drivers Side IMGP0698.JPG
    Air Conditioning Drain on Drivers Side IMGP0698.JPG
    166.1 KB · Views: 580
  • LR3 Front Air Conditioner drain tubes sketch.jpg
    LR3 Front Air Conditioner drain tubes sketch.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 823