Accesory seat trouble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chick

Reaction score
Hi guys & gals
I'm new to the Disco II thing, and have a problem. We just bought an 02 Disco II SE7, with the accessory seats. I can't get the seat backs to come up when I have the seats latched down to the floor. I read the manual, it just says to set the seat down firmly, and raise the seat back. I have no idea what can be wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

djsalltrac

Reaction score
I had the same thing when I first bought mine. The cable that moves a latch under the seat if probably frozen from never being used like mine was. I had to unbolt the seat from the side of the truck (2 nuts, and 2 bolts, If I remember right), then fold the seats down and use a screwdriver to move the latch to make the seat think it was locked in the floor. Then you follow the cable under it, and you will see that it is supposed to move a small square like lever, that once it is moved far enough, it will let the seat back come up. I had to use some wd-40 (or similar) to free it up then I worked it back and forth a few times, and haven't had a problem since. I would say with unbolting them, Bolting them back in and doing the fixing, about 1 1/2 hours total for the both seats. Very easy to do.

Chick

Reaction score
Thanks Donald. I will try that this week, and see what happens. I kind of figured it was from lack of use.
Now to do a tune up, since I never trust other people's word on how the vehicle was maintained.

sine mora

Reaction score
Much thanks for this thread. I just did this fix today and worked like a charm!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lostmybearing