access height

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rattlee

Reaction score
Is it a good habit to get the LR4 to 'access' height every time i park and leave my car.
or is it okay to leave it as is ?

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My feeling is to exercise the suspension and take advantage of its offerings at all times.

rattlee

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice Laszlo. I had an suspension failure issue within 6 months and so was wondering it was the right thing to do. Its been another 6 months since and touch wood, no problems thus far.

tjp74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
with two little girls and a wife with rather short height, I use it multiple times a day to help them climb up and down the car.

MottMcfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use mine almost daily entering the parking garage otherwise I smack the satellite reciever.

Marty

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When it was new, I lowered it pretty much all the time. Now the only times I use access mode is when I have a lot of stuff to load/unload or when I wash it. Much easier to reach the top when it's lowered to access mode.

Rob

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There should be a setting which would allow the vehicle to lower automatically every time it is turned off, if so desired. I think that would be useful.

rattlee

Reaction score
I kinda expected this to happen automatically every time you switch the car off... Was surprised that it actually wasn't. It's become more of an habit now with me... So I always bring it down to access height before I turn the engine off.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I kinda expected this to happen automatically every time you switch the car off... Was surprised that it actually wasn't. It's become more of an habit now with me... So I always bring it down to access height before I turn the engine off.
I only lower it when I have my elderly parents in the car -- to make it easier for them. I'm only 5 feet tall (short??) and don't have any problems getting in/out at standard height.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99