Adding Pentofrost SF to OEM LR Coolant?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to change the aux coolant pump. Like the title says -- would there be there any harm in topping up the coolant system (filled with the OEM Land Rover Coolant - orange color w/ OAT) with Pentofrost SF (which I believe is also OAT technology, but pink in color) ? I believe, color aside, the two should be chemically compatible ? (they both meet the WSS M97B44 spec)

Last edited:

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
While you're at it, this would be a perfect time to switch to dexcool. Dexcool is abundant EVERYWHERE and can find it at any remote gas station. You can probably find some Jeep guys carrying some out on the trails too. Just saying...

I swapped mine out 5 years ago and I'm more than happy with it. Just make sure you flush out the old stuff to clear/near clear before switching over.

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While you're at it, this would be a perfect time to switch to dexcool. Dexcool is abundant EVERYWHERE and can find it at any remote gas station. You can probably find some Jeep guys carrying some out on the trails too. Just saying...

I swapped mine out 5 years ago and I'm more than happy with it. Just make sure you flush out the old stuff to clear/near clear before switching over.

Supposed to be a quick (1 hr) job with minimal loss of coolant (~ 1/4 liter) if you clamp hoses well... and I just did coolant last year when replacing crossovers :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72