Advice on peeling dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kbutler1

Reaction score
Mine is a 2014. Originally a FL car but only spent 1 year down there. I bought it CPO in FL and it spent its life with me in NC, OH, MN, and CO.

jonathandc

Reaction score
Sliding out the dashboard wasn’t the easiest for my 2014 LR4 (a weekend job), but it is possibleand not $4000…just patience along with some gloves, T30, T25, T20, 10mm, Philips Head, flashlight, flexible drill extension, razor blade, decent magnet, & trim tools (stiff plastic). No issue with the airbag…only 3 connectors you slide out/disconnect but the first thing I did was disconnect both batteries so I never was worried. More pictures on the post below this one—
CD697B37-114F-4368-9522-8C5E9968DB57.jpeg5561FFE6-7B90-4A95-84A4-3525F0AF2853.jpeg0C77597B-72C7-4176-ACB2-598EB08913F4.jpegFB4B788D-A548-4544-B3C6-A4CD63F0A465.jpeg91EB1CAB-93E1-4F73-BCAC-F959D88D8858.jpeg

Last edited:

jonathandc

Reaction score
Reviving a dead thread, sorry.
I have this issue as well on my 2014.
Dealership wants $4k to replace. I had conversations with LR USA for months trying to get them to pay for it and all they did was offer a discount on the part.
I talked to an independent auto upholstery shop and they didn't want to touch it given liability for messing up the passenger side air bag deployment.
Uploaded w/a few pictures of it done including message above yours after realizing no one has stripped it down to just the offending part. Rest of the pictures are above this message

Attachments

• A33A29C5-4ADD-46E3-AFB9-2053C94D3B8A.jpeg
    A33A29C5-4ADD-46E3-AFB9-2053C94D3B8A.jpeg
    168.2 KB · Views: 60
  • EBC66A67-3F53-422D-B1D3-BA7BC8406FDA.jpeg
    EBC66A67-3F53-422D-B1D3-BA7BC8406FDA.jpeg
    244.9 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

lvl112

Reaction score
Great work! Did you end up buying another dash from a dealer? Or did you pull one from somewhere else?

Mari Gianati

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had this problem TWICE. I was lucky my car was still under warranty. But it took a long time for me to get the whole leather shipped from England. Land Rover Florida was out of them but this was during the pandemic. People report it as caused by water damage but this is actually more seen in cars in hot weather places like FL, TX, NM, AZ…. The part is a one piece leather in the Luxe package and it’s very expensive (last time I checked over $5k). But again, I was lucky my LR dealership comped it under warranty TWICE. I know better now and I never forget to cover my windshield with the biggest darkest sun cover ever! Even when just parked running errands. Still looking pristine.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this problem TWICE. I was lucky my car was still under warranty. But it took a long time for me to get the whole leather shipped from England. Land Rover Florida was out of them but this was during the pandemic. People report it as caused by water damage but this is actually more seen in cars in hot weather places like FL, TX, NM, AZ…. The part is a one piece leather in the Luxe package and it’s very expensive (last time I checked over $5k). But again, I was lucky my LR dealership comped it under warranty TWICE. I know better now and I never forget to cover my windshield with the biggest darkest sun cover ever! Even when just parked running errands. Still looking pristine.

It's honestly impressive on what Land Rover will warranty.

I never had any issues with them not willing to replace parts when my vehicle was still under warranty. I get they aren't the most reliable, but they do stand by their products.

I'm in AZ and have zero interior damage so far... However my car is garaged here and I now have covered parking at work... Still do setup the sunshade religiously though.

John Muellerleile

Reaction score
Anyone have a solution for this? First day out in the parking lot at work, and it has gotten very bad. I’d like to fix it but a used upper dash is $500, and looks to be a nightmare to get it out. View attachment 8395 View attachment 8396
I had the same issue come up in 2021.. Purchased LR4 HSE Luxury brand new for my wife.. Newport Beach, CA. Car has a garage parking spot. Not our every day car.. Only 60k miles in 2023. In short, dealer would not fix. Quoted me $6k... haha.. Spoke to LRNA for 9 months and they offered me $550. I complained to the dealer sales, then Mngr, and she said same thing happens to Aston Martin owners and they're really upset. I drive by the LR dealership multiple time a week and they other day I stopped by to ask for an install recommendation as I too was going to purchase the use dash. The dealer recommended to google cosmetic repair since replacing the dash / wiring could lead to more issues in the electrical area. I am so grateful i purchased a Tesla 5 years ago... 70k miles and 2 services so far totaling $300 and 1 set of new tires... HAHA.... No brake PADs.. Tesla said maybe BPs at 100k miles... I recommend RUNNING away from ALL Land Rovers.. You know what they say, you take a Land Rover into to bush and a Land Cruiser to get out.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut