Aftermarket Wheels TPMS sensors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rambino

Reaction score
I bought 20 In aftermarket wheels for my LR3 and realized after installing them that they dont have the TPM sensors. I went to land rover and they said that I would need ones for aftermarket wheels and the factory ones will not work (not sure if this is true)

regardless, does anyone know where and what type of sensors I need and where to get them?

Thanks

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless the aftermarket wheels you purchased have an odd design for the valve (such as flush stems found on some performance alloys), the sensors on your OEM wheels can be used on the new rims, any experienced tire shop should be able to transfer them on the new wheels. You may need a new set of gaskets for the sensors, that's it.

If you are buying replacement sensors regardless, they need to be a specific type that communicates on a certain frequency with the antennas inside the wheel wells that send pressure info to the TPMS module. Don't know if there are "system compatible" aftermarket sensors on the market, but I wouldn't chance it. I think the sensors on our cars are the same found on most newer Fords, but here is a source of the real deal for US Land Rovers - in other markets the sensors may look the same but operate on a different frequency: http://www.bputah.com/RR44/Land_Range_Rover_Sport_LR3_TPMS.html

Felixbiadu

Reaction score
Hey I brought after markets Tpms for 2011 ranger rover sport lux but it still show me the tire pressure monitoring fault what should I do?

Felixbiadu

Reaction score
So do I have to take it to reset it because I drove it around but still have the Tpms fault warning

srschick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe you'll need TPMS sensors with 350mhz signal.

Felixbiadu

Reaction score
That the one I brought made by continental same as the one was in but this is after market

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo