Air Suspension Fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LTCU

Reaction score
I have a 2005 LR3 with 103k miles. Recently the air suspension fault light has come on about 30 seconds after the LR3 is started. The fault only allows the vehicle to be driven at normal height. I can restart the LR3 and raise and lower the LR3 until the suspension fault light comes on again. The air compressor and suspension work because it will raise and lower the vehicle with no problem until the fault is tripped.

Does anyone know how I can determine what the fault code is without taking it to the dealer?

I am thinking about replacing the dryer for the air compressor both to see if this is the problem and to protect the compressor. I live in the Pacific NW and we have a lot of moisture here and I want to do what I can to prevent future problems with the compressor.

Any thoughts from the LR community.

Thanks!

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could try to find an indy shop- there's quite a few members up in the PNW so they could probably help you out there.

I'm guessing it's the dryer too. Mine had a similar issue.

hross01

Reaction score
LR3 Suspension

Took our LR3 in to be serviced last week due to suspension light on. We were quoted $14,000.00 to fix our 2006 Land Rover! We were told by the dealer the LR3 has suspension problems due to the car being too heavy for the manufactured suspension. This is also the reason why this car has been through soo many tires. The car is really not safe to drive at this point. Our car has 145,000 local miles and is a 2006.
The car is not worth fixing and we won't sell it because it's not safe. What a BIG disappointment, a BIG EXPENSIVE disappointment.
Anyone else have this issue?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hross, I understand your frustration but you are overreacting in epically dramatic fashion. First off, yes the LR3 is heavy and the rubber control arm bushings are too soft but that does not make it unsafe; rather expensive to maintain...sorta. To me $1000 every 50k miles is not that bad. Second, it's heavy but the OE tires were crap. To wit, I got 70k miles out of my Michelins. Third and finally, you got some bad info. You should be able to get new control arms, sensors, compressor, even knuckles...for under $3000. So that estimate you got is completely bogus.

hross01

Reaction score
1st I'm not being overly dramatic. You have not seen our estimate (book) so you have no knowledge of what it includes

2nd If you find it so easy and inexpensive; why the $11,000.00 difference?

3rd We can sell it to you

You're reply was not helpful at all - I found it to be nasty .:eek:

Last edited:

Rubber Cow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What dealer quoted this amount an made that statement?
Just curious so as to best avoid going there.
There are some decent independent shops in Portland, OR- Green Oval and Columbia Rovers are two that I've dealt with.

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hross - you should apologize for being so rude to Houm. His reply was very grounded. Houm has helped countless owners in diagnosing LR issues. Anyone who has been here since 2006 with over 2k post is here for a reason. Oh, I'm sorry...your join date is Nov 2013. 3 posts - all in one thread. If your defensive and prickly attitude was similar to how you act at a dealership, I would have charged you 22k for the repair. Good luck - gobble gobble

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow hross...
That is not the way you make friends on this forum, or any other forum for this matter, also not a particularly good approach to get help or constructive answers..
You are lucky, that HOUM:wink: and many others, including me, sobered up already from turkey dinner, otherwise , you would likely get hosed for a very rude approach.Many of us are on this forum for a reason, to gain knowledge and share experiences, good and bad ones, it appears that you are just a nub with a bad breath, that is all...no harm done..now carry on and get your martini..cheers

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM