Alarm going off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amosier23

Reaction score
Follow Up

Just to let you know, about 2 weeks ago, I disconnected the alarm sensor, put a paper clip in the harness, and taped it up with electrical tape. I'll probably get a new sensor, but this has solved my annoying alarm problem that has been going on for a while.

Thanks to all those that have contributed to the forum. This is such a great resource.

StevenJ_AK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back when I had that issue, the "Open Bonnet" warning only came on about 5% of the time, but it was the problem 100% of the time...

I eventually removed the sensor put a piece of foil to close the circuit plugged it in and never have had any more issues...

Man, thanks so much, ive had this issue twice in two years and completely forgot about it last trip to the dealer (about a 75 mile drive for me) so tried this and it has one hundred percent solved my problem, saving a ton of time and some cash too! Thanks!!!

Bily Lovec

Reaction score
I just replaced this,
I couldnt find an online source so headed down to my local "screw you as hard as possible dealership" $45 for the dang part, and the lady at checkout joked, "I bet you thought it would cost more"
I didnt joke, "no, from everything I heard & read, it is a $15 part, thanks "

Houston Land Rover wonders why I refuse to shop there or use their service dept.

once I figured out where this thing was located, it was a 30 second project.

onefitcpa

Reaction score
I was having that problem, too. It turns out it is fairly common. It is the hood sensor, which is mounted to the left of the hood latch as you stand looking into the engine. It is a $15.00 part and takes about 30 seconds to replace. It just snaps in and the wires just snap in as well. Don't have the dealer do it...they'll charge you $100 bucks or so...

THIS. I ordered the part and had my more mechanically inclined buddy do it. Solved the issue and my neighbors are happy.

RichL73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a similar problem but it's not my hood sensor it's something in my ignition when I open my door it will read " key in ignition" when they aren't... only happens when my wife drives it so it doesnt bother me..lol

teamfalcon

Reaction score
2008 LR3 42K miles.

Getting pretty frustrated with my alarm going off in my garage, football games etc...
(the owner of a black land rover, you're alarm is going off)

schafari

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you get hood open alerts off and on. . .check and wash our your hood connection points. Blow out dust and deitrus that are in the latch down points for the hood. Lube with dry lube.

Vizmobile

Reaction score
I have the bonnet open warning and a sporadic alarm going off. I picked up a new bonnet switch today at the dealer but for the life of me, I CANNOT find where to replace it. I removed the grill which is what the Parts guy told me to do, I cannot see where this piece goes? Anyone have a PHOTO or detailed diagram for me?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM