alarm system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

terry

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to this forum, I have a 2000 range rove 4.0
I have a problem that should be easy to solve but, have been told by dealers and mechanics I am out of luck. I foolishly thought I could just remove the fuse.
1-I was told I could not replace the remote key, they don't make them anymore, I only have one, it is worn and I think it will eventually fail.
2- the vehicle's locks activate on and off all by themselves,
3- I would love to just disarm the security system and just rely on my key to lock and start the car.
I live in a rural area and never lock my home or vehicles. I don't need the alarm system.
I hope someone has advice in what to do, I am afraid to take it on back roads for fear of it locking up

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
You should be able to get a key. Contact any car dealer in the area and ask who has a custom mobile key making business, call them up and have them make you a new key.

terry

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to this forum, I have a 2000 range rove 4.0
I have a problem that should be easy to solve but, have been told by dealers and mechanics I am out of luck. I foolishly thought I could just remove the fuse.
1-I was told I could not replace the remote key, they don't make them anymore, I only have one, it is worn and I think it will eventually fail.
2- the vehicle's locks activate on and off all by themselves,
3- I would love to just disarm the security system and just rely on my key to lock and start the car.
I live in a rural area and never lock my home or vehicles. I don't need the alarm system.
I hope someone has advice in what to do, I am afraid to take it on back roads for fear of it locking up

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635