Am I Crazy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

N

Nomad232

Don't know if you care but the LR3 will always be more modifyable then the Range Rover Sport. Both are pretty bad in that respect but the LR3 still comes out ahead. Atleast you have the aftermarket willing to take a look at the LR3.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Side note, askewed: Expect more like 25 MPG... not 31 MPG. (That's what my neighbor gets with the 400h.) That's about 10 MPG better than I get with the LR3 in mixed use.

Also, I just did a long trip to snow country (not a boring "flat" drive) with 4 people and the back loaded up... and averaged 17.7 MPG.

T

texas911

As far as the aftermarket, I'm not a big after market guy. The only things I've bought for my LR3 were the factory stuff, like mudflaps. One reason I'm going for the RRS (maybe) is to get the rear DVD system, it totally rocks! Dual screens and a dedicated 6 DVD changer!

Might go for the base RR though.

F

flowner

I had been trying to save my LR3 for long trips. I'm very happy with gas mileage on the HWY. And use my LS 400 for short trips. We had flash floods I was so happy to have the LR3. Anyway my 06 HSE is in the shop for a suspension fault. I ve been driving an V6 LR3. It gets much better than the sticker for city driving, averaging 15.5 mpg. If I didn't plan on towing something I would go with the V6.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
texas911 said:
I'm going for the RRS (maybe) is to get the rear DVD system, it totally rocks! Dual screens and a dedicated 6 DVD changer!.
Talk to Matt. He'll set you up on the LR3. Ok, I couldn't resist. Sorry. :) Move along...

M

Matt_Grim2

I am glad that i am the laughing stock of this forum, Just happy you get a kick out of all of this...

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong I love the LR3 but it just starting to feel wrong spending over $400 a month on gas. Even at 25MPG the 400 will cost around $180 a month...

When I bought my LR3 gas was like $1.50-1.60 a gallon... I'm sad about this...

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you aren't using the LR3's capabilities or space... it's really not worth carrying all the extra weight around. You should have shopped elsewhere. The new "upsized" 269HP Toyota RAV-4 V6 4WD can seat 7 now, gets at least 25 MPG mixed, costs half of the Lexus RX 400h and does 0-60 in less 7 seconds. :)

On a side note, my other neighbor down the block with the RX 330 gets 23 MPG mixed... so, it's far less about MPG: The 400h just has better speed/performance than the 330. Of course, your mileage may vary. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
X

xcursion

Askewed, good to hear that your LR3 is now working. I feel your pain on the mpg issue (my gets 13 with mixed city and hwy while trip computer shows 16). I guess ture love does come at a price... and I will withhold my comments on the RX vs LR3....

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grommet - losing the space will be a problem... I'm just trying decide if that space is worth the money... I will say that the Lexus didn't ride as smooth as my LR3... that was disappointing...

I'm going to seriously look around this weekend...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635