Am I Crazy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T

texas911

I'm seriously thinking of trading in my LR3 for an RRS. Is that crazy?

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, if you have no need for 7 seats and the additional space/storage... it's basically the same vehicle with the same off-road capabilities, with more bling. (Well, assuming you don't get 20"+ wheels.) The optional RSE DVD changer system is nice, too.

Of course, you will take a bath financially. D'oh!

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Matt_Grim2

No, i think it is a pretty **** vehicle too, i consindered getting one and am debating one to have on the side...

It is just a different type of rover & you go for a different look when you drive it...

C

Cat

Tex, No prob... in my case, I just added a RRS to my stable in November.... my wife loves it & I love the LR3...

S

schafari

I believe the RRS is less capable off-road mostly due to the 20" wheels and differently tuned suspension. The car mags seem to support the notion that the RRS is the on-road high performance or sports car version of the LR3, and the LR3 is the off-road more utilitarian, etc. They all seem to agree that the RRS has a high bling factor. The super charged engine makes me wish for it however. Not to mention the cherry wood interior. If they offered this in the LR3 it would be perfect.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you avoid the Supercharged version, you still get 19" wheels stock.

S

schafari

Now that is just crazy talk! "Avoid the SC version. . ." What the? You had better lay down man.

JohnKel

Full Access Member
Reaction score

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We love our LR3 (now that it works). And want/need the 6th & 7th seat sporadically throughout the month but we looked at a hybrid RX400 the other day.

31 mpg city vs. 11 is starting to look pretty good. That's $160 a month for gas instead of $390... We put right around 2k miles on a month.

Please don't bash my over the head with "what did you expect" posts... I know it's a big SUV with a big motor. What I didn't know was that the sticker would be sooooo far off in respects to MPG. You couldn't average 18 MPG in the LR3 falling off of a cliff.

S

schafari

I have gotten over 18 mpg on multiple highway trips. I almost get what the city rating is on my work/home trip. I have never gotten close to the sticker mpg on my other cars. Frankly, I am excited that I get so close, and unbelivebly, exceed the LR rating. (I have the 05 V8 HSE)

You may be surprised when you drive your Hybrid, and don't get close to the promised mpg. This is a raging debate and litigation right now. The general consensous is that the hybrids specifically, have way over estimated the true daily mpg. There are a ton of stories on this.

(I wonder how a hybrid Lexus does off-road. . .)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635