Amazon snorkel/RAI installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cautious perhaps?

:) I was being completely sarcastic, gentlemen....
I think Houm is to be listened to; I expect the jpg below is just prior to total shutdown and filling up of the interior - probably not the sort of thing on road insurance covers.

The heater/AC air intake just under the right side of the cowl is big enough will let fish and frogs in as well as water. I doubt the pollen filter is designed to catch that sort of thing.

The name "raised air intake" is a hint and is called that for a reason; a snorkel it is not. It is good for dust and water splashes but water depths above the wheel wells is to be avoided.

In that depth of water, you would be wishing your 3 weighed more than 3 tonne; at some point, a box of air floats and traction is reduced.

Attachments

• D3%20wading%20over%20hood%20in%20water.jpg
    D3%20wading%20over%20hood%20in%20water.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 41

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a report from one member on british forum recently, with this cheap Chinese knock off .He bought it on Ebay as well and it cracked already.Don't skimp on quality and usability , buy once and buy right...besides petrol engines have spark plugs, diesels don't, so even though you have snorkel you are still vulnerable to water locking your engine.Besides this one looks like an elephant's trumpet..

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Australian Forum as well.

There was a report from one member on British forum recently, with this cheap Chinese knock off.
It is the same story on the Australian forum - the off shore units fade first, get brittle, and then crack.

Re the D4, while I note the "happy face" sort of :biggrin:, reluctantly, the "air vent" on the left side is for style only; LR put it there to keep up with .... - well, it was a fad for a while and seemed like a good idea at the time - the "all new" D4 sort of thinking - fashion over function at its best so to speak. In other words, one raised air intake is all you need and best you install it on the right side.

At the same time, I imagine that air intakes are available for the left side from those far east sources - they do cater to the market I must conclude. Those would be the ones lettered Discovery 4.:rolleyes:

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Photoshop!

The April Fools joke around here was the introduction of triple decker transit busses. As below, the reports included pictures of the new triple deckers.

I imagine someone should be able to Photoshop a D4 with dual snorkels as proof as well!:wink:

Attachments

• 2012 triple decker bus.jpg
    2012 triple decker bus.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 20

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rendak