AMK EAS noisy vibrations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stufrowin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2011 LR4, started having Amber light issues etc. Did the usual diagnostic tests and determined it was the compressor (hitachi) switched out for China replica of hitachi worked great for 3 days then red light ( I think the exhaust valve got stuck, as it wouldn't lower) returned that for refund. Opted to get updated model AMK. As I couldn't use the original housing/silencer case I mounted without but it is obnoxiously loud and significantly more vibrations inside the cabin when it is on. It seems to work great raises vehicle fast and no warning lights/faults. I ordered the AMK housing to hopefully quiet it down a little. I am curious if others have noticed increase in noise/vibration with the AMK vs hitachi also are you using the housing or just open? Any experience would be appreciated.
Thanks Stuart

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How'd you get the AMK compressor without the complete retrofit kit (which includes new bracket, fittings and acoustic enclosure?)

stufrowin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased it from Miessler automotive they make their own bracket for the AMK compressor like Arnott and others do. I ordered the case/acoustic enclosure haven't installed yet. I hope that takes care of the noise but there is still the vibration issue. I think the mounting hardware - the rubber gromets with the springs come with the AMK so i don't think there would be too much difference with the actual retrofit bracket. Just wondering when you change from hitachi to AMK If you noticed more vibration when compressor is on. Thanks

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a factory AMK and there is no vibration whatsoever. I only know if it is on if I am outside of the truck and can hear it.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's gotta be contact somewhere between the pump and the chassis, either that or the new compressor bracket is not tightened all the way. Even without acoustic cover (which had to be removed to fit the Tactical sliders) you can definitely hear my AMK running, but no vibrations.

stufrowin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The acoustic case should come in a few days, I'm going to put some rubber between the bracket and the frame and try getting a little more dampening. I'll double check the all the bolts.

Where the compressor attaches to the bracket there are rubber grommets with little coil springs and the 3 bolts from the pump have lock nuts. I'm trying to figure out what would cause less vibration if the nuts are cinched (coils compressed) or a little looser so they can have more movement with the compressor.

I can't notice too much difference but my wife immediately was put off with the sound(soon to be resolved with case), and commented she could feel it vibrating in the foot pedal and steering wheel. She doesn't care the warning lights are gone and the truck raises really quickly she just knows its not the same as her beloved Rover was before i messed with it:smile:

stufrowin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually sent it back and I think all they did was put a different spring on one of the bolts. Because it isn't oem design I had to mutilate the case to get it to fit and used some dynamat around it. Doesn't shake as bad, still hear it but about the same as old Hitachi. I had that stupid thing in and out about 10 times, if I had a redo I would have bought OEM amk with case from beginning. Worth the extra few hundred bucks. But its been working perfectly for the last 1.5 yr and we use access mode a lot.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9