Another Defender hint?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take that deal for $3995. I figure my CPO warranty covered about $7K worth of repairs between 50K miles and 100K miles. And I expect to pay about $3K tomorrow when I pick up my LR4 with a new rear view camera, new water pump, new valve cover gasket and new alternator.

We can't find a comparable vehicle to replace the LR4 either.

just finished at the dealership. 5 more years of coverage. Wife only drives 7000 miles a year. Zero deductible comprehensive coverage. I interviewed the SM and SA at the dealer and they all said that working with First Automotive was just the same as working with the factory backed plan through Assurant. Plus, the owner of the dealer lives about a mile away from me. I am sure he doesn't want me busting his chops on Social media, so I'm feeling pretty good about the deal. Plus, this store is head and shoulders better than my closest JLR dealer. I drive an extra 25 miles to service it here.

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, BTW, the F&I manager said most LR4 owners that come in looking at the Discovery walk about with an extended plan on their LR4. Said lots of LR4 owners waiting to see what the Defender is going to offer.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably the most revealing images yet.

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money...-Harry-gets-look-new-Land-Rover-Defender.html

13290882-7010383-image-m-112_1557405138850.jpg

13290886-7010383-image-m-115_1557405190371.jpg

13290894-7010383-image-a-116_1557405201543.jpg

he_Invictus_Games_a_sporting_eve-a-8_1557412926629.jpg

I'm hoping that front end looks a lot better once it's no longer under wrap. It's looking like a bulbous mess right now.

Last edited:

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's the angle of the photo, but given that good old harry is 6'1" (according to google), this thing doesn't look that tall. Uh, looking more like disco sport but square. Looks like I'll just have to prepare myself now and start taking night classes to become an LR4 master tech.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hadn't noticed the rain gutter channel in prior photos before. That's an interesting detail to retain.

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it definately says Defender on the front, but there is some sort of carpet/cover above the steering wheel, so clearly this is not a finished vehicle. I am also unsure about the bulbous extentions along the sides, it does not seem to fit right around the gas cap, so I am sticking with the Tusk image being more in line with the final lines of the vehicle. I am guessing there are built-in anchor points to add a winch on that front end.

Last edited:

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know, if they had the marketing positioning right, they'd have an AT tire like a KO2 on it. Those wheels/tires are shameful.

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am also unsure about the bulbous extentions along the sides, it does not seem to fit right around the gas cap, so I am sticking with the Tusk image being more in line with the final lines of the vehicle.

Yeah those are definitely inserts underneath the wrap to disguise the body lines. Assuming they have them inserted under the wrap on the front too.

My biggest concern is still its size. It looks a bit small and short and baby LR4 ish. Like it is geared towards entry level buyers.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it definately says Defender on the front, but there is some sort of carpet/cover above the steering wheel, so clearly this is not a finished vehicle. I am also unsure about the bulbous extentions along the sides, it does not seem to fit right around the gas cap, so I am sticking with the Tusk image being more in line with the final lines of the vehicle. I am guessing there are built-in anchor points to add a winch on that front end.

Yeah, that trim piece down the side looks fake. It's far to prominent to be a real part of the design. The rain gutter could be fake, too, but I've seen some "spy" photos of these with a roof rack on top, and the traditional way to affix a roof rack was using the rain gutters.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My biggest concern is still its size. It looks a bit small and short and baby LR4 ish. Like it is geared towards entry level buyers.

I guess if they are sticking with the "90" and "110" conventions, a 110-inch wheelbase would be 3 inches shorter than an LR4's.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut