Another Defender hint?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't trust most sales managers when it comes to nuanced details - they deal in widgets - cars in/cars out and rarely have a vested interest in the cosmetic or small-feature details. The Tusk image probably does look like the old Defender to him/her, just as much as one could say every Land Rover looks alike these days. Flat roof, check. Squared off back end, check. Tire on back, check. 4wd, check. Yep its just like the old ones - wanna put down a deposit?

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't trust most sales managers when it comes to nuanced details - they deal in widgets - cars in/cars out and rarely have a vested interest in the cosmetic or small-feature details. The Tusk image probably does look like the old Defender to him/her, just as much as one could say every Land Rover looks alike these days. Flat roof, check. Squared off back end, check. Tire on back, check. 4wd, check. Yep its just like the old ones - wanna put down a deposit?
Time will tell. Fingers crossed. If it’s close to the original, they’ll get my $

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My reticence is that, if the image has been shown all the way down to sales managers at dealerships, how has there been no leak?

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My reticence is that, if the image has been shown all the way down to sales managers at dealerships, how has there been no leak?
They supposedly stripped the attendees of any electronics prior to the event. Suspect, I know, but here’s to hoping.

Last edited:

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score

My sales guy went to England for training for the new 2014 + LR4's prior to them coming out. I would assume, personnel in high volume sales regions get to see things first hand prior to the rest of us blokes. Although at the end of the day, I knew more about my first 14' than he did, thanks to this site and a few leaked documents.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lets hope the Defender is good. When the LR3 debuted they parked one in the base of my office tower and it had presence. One look, I wanted one. Can't say the same about the D5 lol.

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Tusk photo is a digital render. Not a photo of a real truck.

It is a rendering, but all of the lines "make sense" as the curves are in line with all the other LR vehicles and are also the very areas that are all visibly camouflaged on the test mules. It also makes sense when you account for the descriptions given by Jerry McGovern and other LR execs about it being a modern take on the old one and that it had to evolve to be cost effective, not just pay homage to the old one.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, and I'm not sure why they would use the "Tusk" charity promo as an opportunity to put out a totally fake design.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72