Another Defender hint?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the 130 is 10" longer than the LR4. That puts it at about Tahoe length (204" vs 201").

two things I hope they do with the 130:

1) 2nd row captains chairs or the ability to remove the middle seat in the 2nd row. I can't tell you how many friends I have who had the second row captains as a much have. We removed our middle seat from our LR4 but the D5 is 60/40 so no joy + it's fugly.

2) I hope the interior is on par with our LR4 Lux.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing really new, which at this point is kind of a joke:

815mm tires equate to about 32.1 inches.

DWillyEffect

Reaction score
It's looking better. I hope there is an Army green or Land Rover green color like the attached image below. With a color like this and some black wheels, it may look really good. The thing that worries me is that LR may make these things hard to customize. If I had one, I'd want to add custom front and rear bumpers and bigger tires. If they make it hard to change the wheels and get good tires, that's a big negative. It looks like the bumper is integrated into the front quarter panel, that definitely complicates things and is a trend I hate in modern vehicles.

$_86.jpg

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Absolutely true - with the rise in aftermarket accessories for vehicles, the manufacturers are trying to keep some of that money in-house. Once upon a time, factory radios were mostly single or double din square units that could easily be replaced. Heck, my first car (an Acura Integra) did not even have a radio - it was an option. Then eveyone started making proprietary radios and dash/consoles that could not readily be modified. Now with all the modern tech that needs to flow throughout a vehicle, it's almost impossible to personalize/customize a radio system in a new car...

I am sure with all the options LR has already laid out for the Defender (several models, and several "lifestyle" option packages) that they have a steel bumper with a winch that can be ordered. Whether or not third-party manufacturers, such as ARB, are being included so that they can make their own versions I am unsure. We'll know by how quickly they come up with an offering. If they have to wait, buy a Defender and then tool a bumper from a live example, then we know LR is definately focused on forcing them out as much as possible.

There is little doubt the Defender will require a special oil, non-standard windshield wipers, fluids that meet some new spec no one has ever heard of yet, and a host of other proprietary tidbits to keep people coming to dealers and/or buying maintenance products from them directly.

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"There’s no definitive news on pricing, though Autocar has heard from one source close to JLR that the ‘Standard’ spec Defender 90 with be priced from £40,000, suggesting the higher-spec versions will be distinctly premium-priced."

iconoclast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know a few people who have original ones which they purchased because at that time the dealerships simply wanted them off the lots. Considering the Defender had lackluster demand in the North American region I am curious how JLR will price and or market it this time around. If Toyota can sell a $90k Land Cruise and Lexus can sprinkle glitter on it and sell it for $99k... I wonder the LR badge can for the Defender.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm more partial to the pastel green.

DSC01246-854x540.jpg

They sort of redid this color as Heritage Green for the last run of Defenders:

IMG_21350-medium.jpg

But the Heritage Green was a metallic. I'd prefer the non-metallic green.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72