Another Defender hint?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DWillyEffect

Reaction score
Considering how poorly received all the Td6 products are here... I would not be surprised if JLR discontinues that offering across all models like it's rivals have already.

I'd argue the Discovery and the Range Rover are poor products for a diesel engine. It's an upscale car. I don't think that market will trade the convenience of gas for the range of Diesel. I live in a rural part of the south where diesel trucks are everywhere. It's about a coin flip for a station to have diesel, when they do, it's usually like one pump and there's always a Toyota or something parked at it. No pump outside of stations by an interstate have DEF pumps. Rich people don't want to deal with that.

iconoclast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have owned diesel luxury vehicles and do not mind them but I have to imagine I am in the minority. My friend at LR can get me into a "used" 2018 Td6 Discovery (optioned very well) w/ 17k miles for the same price as an LR4 Landmark w/ 22k miles. Discovery that bad? The Td6 that troublesome or annoying to deal with? People prefer the box shape? No idea.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been tossing around the idea of selling my LR4, buying an old gray market Defender, and buying my wife a Range Rover that we'd drive on most trips. For the latter, the diesel version is the most attractive to me.

This was all before I was out of town last week and my wife drove my LR4, after which she declared she doesn't ever want to daily an SUV.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been tossing around the idea of selling my LR4, buying an old gray market Defender, and buying my wife a Range Rover that we'd drive on most trips. For the latter, the diesel version is the most attractive to me.

This was all before I was out of town last week and my wife drove my LR4, after which she declared she doesn't ever want to daily an SUV.

Have you ever driven an old defender for more than a week as a daily? Especially on highways. Novelty wears off fast...especially after the smooth ride of an LR4

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe used 18" aluminum wheels will be on the used market, the same as 17" Jeep Rubicon rims are now when Johnnie Webwheeler upgrades to 22" Rockstar Rims?
Thinking a set of 2016 Defender Sawtooth Rims would look fantastic on the new Defender

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you ever driven an old defender for more than a week as a daily? Especially on highways. Novelty wears off fast...especially after the smooth ride of an LR4

No, but I've only got a 3 mile commute to work, and it's all city streets. I had an FJ40 around 7 years ago that I would drive a lot. At least the Defender sits on coils and not leafs.

This is all a pipe dream, really. As a 6'5" guy, a Defender isn't the roomiest place to be.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV