Another Defender hint?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Overall grade "C". I was expecting the worst given the recent design history. If this was the first Defender ever it wouldn't be too bad. But as an update of an icon, not so much. Speaking of C, what is that drywall sized C pillar/blind spot all about?

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish them well. I don't hate it, but I don't find it particularly compelling either.

What is a hard fail IMO is it's complete non-relation to the previous Defenders. Look at the redesigned Wranglers and G-wagens. They are completely new as well, but also instantly recognizable. This thing; not at all.

Obviously Tata wants to monetize the Defender name, and maybe they can pull this off.

I will be interested to see if it flys off the lots once the newness fades a bit.

DWillyEffect

Reaction score
I can't decide if I should love it for what it is or hate it for what it could have been.

It's a good looking SUV for 2019. I haven't seen a new SUV in the last 8 years or so that looked quite as good as this one. It keeps reminding me of a mashup the Ford Flex and Ford Troller, in a good way. I always thought the Flex could have been a decent SUV if they didn't sell it as a low rider.

Still, I think most of the people out there would have taken this interior in the old body with a few necessary tweaks to comply with safety regulations. In that regard, it should have been a lay up.

CaliDisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uncanny...

6595E432-AF03-4DDB-B9EA-01E73BCB5F5E.jpeg

B81873AC-2DB9-4D94-AE02-34C674F4A941.jpeg

BC717766-67D7-413B-9F62-0958A08D2BB6.jpeg

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I happen to wake up a few minutes ago, and decide to tune into the feed.

Of course, the feed crashes right before the reveal. Hilarious.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I happen to wake up a few minutes ago, and decide to tune into the feed.

C'mon Ryan; it's us. You know you set your alarm just like I did!

Once the feed kicked in the quality was great. I thought the launch presentation was solid and I'm liking this vehicle. Can't wait to sit in one at the dealer and out in the real world.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72