Another hitch thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should make a habit of removing the hitch when not in use. OEM or not.

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have the OEM hitch and it works great with a motorcycle carrier:

IMG_0270.jpg

IMG-20110828-00110.jpg

Bike and carrier must weigh about 270 lbs

LR4TQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have the LR hitch and it goes without saying that it works perfectly. Using it with the Kuat NV black bike rack. The added cost was justifiable to me since I plan on using the LR4 to tow my race car down the road.

magus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know what is "wimpy" about the AB hitch. It is very solid, mounted in about 10 minutes. It works fine with my motorcycle carries and I tow a heavier (400 lbs) sport bike. For $300 less you do lose the convenience of the snap-in/snap-out OEM model but not much else.

metalslug

Reaction score
The only issues I had with the OEM hitch is that it's to far in for my Yakima Stick Up tray style bike rack. When the trays fold up, the front tray will hit the bumper so it needs to be removed in order to fold up. Second issue also related to how far the hitch is underneath the car is MTBs with longer handlebars will hit the windshield. I tie a small face towel on the end of the handlebar to avoid shattering the windshield. Etrailers sell hitch extenders in different sizes that will eventually purchase.

GermanRoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up an OEM hitch this afternoon from the dealer, and can't believe how well designed it is. The manager is my neighbor and was nice enough to sell it to me at his cost which was 480ish tax included. I noticed on the box a sticker with the words Thule Europe with a part number. Is it possible that Thule makes these for LR? I did a search for the part number wondering if I could buy it for less directly from Thule....no such luck.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635