Another new head unit thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took a chance and bought one of the Android-based units from Aliexpress, this one made by HengCheng. It did not come with any installation instructions, but I was sent the attached documents on request.

...and as a result, I am very confused. The language barrier seems also to be confusing to them: it isn't clear to me that this unit can actually integrate well with the existing system, since it seems to just have four outputs, which they seem to think are speaker level. When I asked them pointedly about that, the reply came back "Our machines have built-in amplifiers. You can connect the original car horn to our machine." Huh...I hadn't even thought about connecting the horn here. That's a thought...

I sent them the Powerful UK video, trying to explain that at least one other unit seems to only provide line-level signal to the OEM amp. That lead to the following from them:

"good morning dear We can't see the video you sent. As I said, you don't know anything. All Android machines have four audio outputs (including the original car radio as well). How many speakers the original car has has nothing to do with the audio output. Because they always belong to the front, back, left, and right. Why does the original car have an independent power amplifier: The reason is that the original car has too many speakers. The power of the original car radio or CD host is not enough to carry it."

Well, I never claimed to know anything, but even so that was a low blow. ;)

Then the last communication from them was

"Your car needs to keep the original car amplifier. Because the original car with fiber optic amplifier."

I'm really not sure this will work at all, and I have a limited time frame within which to send it back for a refund. It's a shame, because this actually has analog knobs on it for volume and...something else.

Attachments

• HengCheng.jpg
    HengCheng.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 78

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"As I said, you don't know anything."

Lol.

mm3846

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you get the right one? It seems like they sell ones for the ROW-spec low level head unit trucks and for the NAS-spec ones as well.

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you get the right one? It seems like they sell ones for the ROW-spec low level head unit trucks and for the NAS-spec ones as well.
When I was looking, i didn’t see any differentiation like that. Where did you see that?

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's AMAZING customer service... And something that keeps me from wanting to be the first person to try something new...

lrovy

Reaction score
As I said, you don't know anything.

Might be worth posting who that great seller is, a screenshot from communication with them from Ali/Amazon (yes it could be fabricated but far more effort - just to avoid a stupid fight between sellers here).

I can't imagine how they want to make business being such an ignorant to polite ask for a help. In the worst case, maybe a charge back would work for you. If I could advise, be careful in communication, what you agree with them on, as in case of paypal dispute, communication should be via paypal or other platform, as I've had bad experience on clear case with Paypal that they used all possible excuses to refuse refund, even if item was sent and received by seller (it was counterfeit in my case).

p.s. I'd live with "horn" still as that must be outcome of auto-translation.

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I blame the vast majority of the miscommunication on the fact that I speak much less Mandarin than they speak English. It's part of what you accept when you engage on Aliexpress. I've had good luck on some other things.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV