Another random suspension failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

DesertDJ

1 week old LR3. 400 miles on it and everything has been 100% fine. Over the past day the dealer installed tow electrics, side tubs and rear tail lamp gurads. I was driving to dinner after picking it up fron the dealer and BINGO - Suspension Fault. Yello light with outline of car in lower left dash comes on and Suspension Fault on the display. Pulled over. Killed the ignition and restarted and everything was fine. Are we seeing a correlation between dealers monkeying with the electric system (tow) and this problem a result of that???

A

AussieLR3

If this fault has something to do with dealer fitted tow electrics then thankfully in Australia we get the tow electrics already fitted from the factory.

D

DesertDJ

Land Rover should include it for the price

I agree totally. The dealer charged me $300 to install the tow kit and it doesn't even include the pigtail to hook to the trailer. It can't be more then $20 worth of wires, connector and a couple of screws. I think the dealers have to splice into the suspension wiring because the suspension locks at normal when you plug in the pigtail (like a safety cutoff. I hope this is an isolated experience.

L

loizeauc

Hi,

I'm just discovering this forum but I would like to share my suspension problem

I had a lot of alarm like that till i was stopped during my holidays and had to load my lr3 on a truck!

It spent one week to find the problem : the rear left connection on the suspension arm was not perfectly mounted so the water and salt came in and oxydate it.
they replaced all the pin in the connector and it's working fine now.

M

mwillems

loizeauc said:
Hi,
It spent one week to find the problem : the rear left connection on the suspension arm was not perfectly mounted so the water and salt came in and oxydate it.
they replaced all the pin in the connector and it's working fine now.

Ah, you too. Me too - First failure was a corroded wiring loom. My second failure was a faulty height sensor (also corroded). Both at the back of the car.

I do wonder, what else is going to corrode, and will this happen AFTER the warranty expires? I hope I am wrong but I think with this design (exposed wiring), we are potentially sitting on a time-bomb in the sense of expensive failures down the road.

F

flowner

After 3 weeks in the shop and various loaner, I got the car back. No suspension fault this week. In summary they replaced the compressor and a relay. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

The car has a slight pull to the right hopefully it just needs to be aligned (not sure why this was not done while in the shop), I have an appointment in two weeks to drop it off. I see a lot of Land Rover's on the road in St Petersburg. I hope this shop is just backed up and this is not their usual way of conducting business.

Also I inquired about getting my software update since my vehicle was on the road before all the stalling problems. They told me it's up to date. Hard to believe.

J

jcarlos

Hello guys.

I haven´t had any problem in my new LR3 S. It seems as if your suspensions failures aren´t "actually" suspensions problems in most cases, but they are "software problems" which is quite common in newly designed cars. I used to have some problems related with software in my previous car (Audi A6), but finally the engineers found the root of the problem and solved it. Be patient, because software problems are sometimes hard to solve.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4