Anyone Regret Choosing a Black LR3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Patriot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am narrowing down my choices to either a White or Black HSE, each with Alpaca interior. To those who chose black - any regrets?

Its a beautiful color - what have your experiences been?

Thanks,

Patriot

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No regrets on mine. I guess it depends on where you're going to be driving it. Mine's constantly dirty, but it still looks good.

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
White is pretty common, but it has the advantages of looking cleaner, longer while black looks absolutely awesome clean, it can look shabby pretty quick. If you have the time and energy to keep it clean, do the black.

The breaking point for me on color was an experience I had with an Oslo Blue Discovery, and I kept after it, but scratches stand out pretty good unless you keep after them with rubbing them out. My Current LR3 is silver, has three times the scratching, but it is very difficult to tell.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you live in the southwest, the black get's pretty toasty when leaving it in the sun, and if you off road it, it shows more of the "desert pinstripping" than white does.

But then, I'm partial to white.
166358667-M.jpg

bgsntth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have a black one at my wife's insistence, I was strongly pushing for silver or grey. As Nathan points out, every ponderosa pinstripe and MILP-handbag gouge is in full evidence. The truck looks great for about 10minutes post wash, as oppossed to two weeks with my silver GX. That said, it does look bad-**** for those 10 minutes.

I have become very experienced with my PC and Griot's 4 stages of Polish.

Last edited:

Kenjengrif

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For 5 years, I had a Disco 2 in white gold and it hardly ever showed dirt or scratches. Now I have a black LR3 and those days are over.

It wasn't the color I wanted originally, but I do like the way it looks, especially with the tan interior. I keep it clean, but a little dirt doesn't bother me. And as long as the scratches came from off roading, I don't mind them showing either!

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my Black LR3!!! The first time I showed up for an offroad event, everyone thought I was crazy. NWoods was quoted as saying "you know your vehicle is going to get dirty"....I hope so!

Seriously, as Nathan said, they do show the desert pinstriping more than most, so you should know a good detailer if that is important to you. On the other hand, with chrome wheels...yikes...it is a great looking vehicle, and it blows people away when you come across them offroad.

Attachments

• P1010145-small.JPG
    P1010145-small.JPG
    6.5 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:

kwlr3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had a Java Black DII and a LR3. It's anoying that they hit for an extra $400.00 in the purchase price. Just like the previous posts, it looks great when clean, shows every dent, and gets dirty quickly. The only other issue, the black shows EVERY imperfection in the sheet metal. While the LR3 is stamped much better than the DII or the old Range Rovers, it's not the quality of a Nissan or Toyota

My next LR will be silver, looks good clean, hides dirt and scratchs. Only problem with silver paint is that in most cases, any respray requires a total repaint. Someone should check if that is the case with the silvers in LR's.

amn2000

Reaction score
LR# in Black, is the best choise. It shows the beaty of the LR3 sepcialy with crome accessories.
one Problem I'm facing is with heat, it gets hot more thatn the other colors.

Hope a good buy to you.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I evaluated a White vs. Black myself, decided on Black. Keeping it clean is tough, but when it's washed / waxed / buffed it looks better than the White ever will.... just my 2 cents. Black with Alpaca leather also looks great.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4