anyone that has had the aux jack out..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

dronedog

my aux jack will not play my left side speakers. when i unplugged it and took it out i found that the connection plug had a wire missing. the are six connectors and only 5 wires to it. taking an ohm meter, it did not take long to figure out this wire carries that left side speaker imput.
so i pulled it apart today and figured i would find a wire laying in there that fell out of the plug. nope. i pulled the wires back to where they started blending in with a lot of wires and did not find one open end.
does anyone know what coclor wires are supposed to go to this plug? i have 2 red wires, a white, a black and a blue. the blue being for the right side speakers. the white appears to be the ground. i am not sure about the rest.

while i had it apart, i took the belkin ipod power adapter (volume booster) wiring thru the center console and out the back down by the cup holders. the ipod connection end i took around the cubby box and cut a little hole at the bottom of the credit card holder to feed the connector thru. then i took some sticky velcro and put to the inside of the cubby to stick the ipod to. i left enough wire to be able to hang the ipod outside the cubby if i wanted to see it. usually i only listen to the ipod when i am driving a distance. and then i normally put it in shuffle mode.
this way the ipod is hidden and if i want to remove all the stuff, it does not leave any holes. also i noticed if i turn the car off it stops the ipod from playing. of course i have to restart it.
i'd like the set up only i don't have left side speakers. i was thinking of conecting the left side wiring to the right. at least i would have full sound. it just may not be stereo. i ran a temp wire over and it sounds fine to me.
i am just a bit worried i might fry the radio with two imputs into one. anybody have any ideas on that?
The Dog

S

schafari

Can you give some guidance as how you pulled the center console apart? I will be doing a similiar project to yours, but don't know how the center console comes apart. I would like to run wires from back to front of vehicle and will be using the center console for some.

How does it open up, so you have full access under it, down to/below the carpet? Any tips/tricks to pulling LR interior panels? Did you find an always on 12v supply in the console? How do you pull the radio?

Any/all advice would be greatly appreciated.

D

dronedog

if i was pulling wires only from the front to back, i would do it under the carpet. i did not get the center console totally apart. i would need to take the gear shift knob off and pull it up from there. for what i wanted, i did not need to do this.
the center part comes apart pretty easy. just take a wide blade screw driver and pop it up. the are about 4 snap in places to get it up. then to take the cubby box out, you need to undo two torx head screws on the front and remove the cubby box lid. then you can pull out the cubby box. the wiring runs thru there but this does not give you access all the way to the floor. there is a bottom under the cubby box.
if you were just pulling some wires, you might be able to work them up under the sides of the center console as well.
there is a lot of wiring connectors as you get up by the gear shift. as for when you go to wire from there to behind the dash or radio, i do not know. i did not need to go that far. there was a thread earlier on pulling the radio that you might check out.
hope that helps.
The Dog

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99