Apple Ipod, 2001 Discov Install advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P

PSexton

I recently purchased a 2001 Discovery. I have heard of cradles being installed on the dash that allow controls from the head unit.
What I am wondering is, is there a cradle out there which could be mounted to the dash, that once your IPod is plugged in, you can control via the head unit, and would/could I change my head unit to an aftermarket head unit.
An optimal installation would be a new head unit with GPS also. I was also thinking of installing a DVD system with 1 tv unit up front somewhere, and two TV/DVD players in the back of the head rests.
If anyone out there can give me quality links, that would involve some pics of at least the IPod cradle, it would be greatly appreciated.
I am also in Geneva, Switzerland, so its a bit tough here finding a quality aftermarket shop that would do all of these installations.
Thanks in advance,
Paul

SteezTight

Reaction score
why do you insist on having the ipod in a cradle? most all head units have the option of hooking up the ipod wire to the back of the head unit and then you can keep it in the glovebox so you dont see any wires and you control it through the head unit. Mine is ran righ into the passenger side glovebox; it works great and it keeps it charged. just my thoughts on keeping your dash a little cleaner looking.

audioclay

Reaction score
Mine is the same way... less inviting for thieves too... If they see the cradle they are more apt to look for the Ipod even if you removed it. Works great and mine always recharges. Haven't taken my Ipod out of the glovebox in a month.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9