Approaching 75k miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello guys, so my LR3 is almost at 75k miles, I've spent thousands kn the suspension alone (2 compressors, valve blocks, air struts, etc. what a headache) so I am going to keep it for quite some time.

However I am going to England for just over a year and I am trying to convince my father to keep an eye on it on the meantime. He absolutely hates the landy and the brand as well and has agreed to do so only if I can guarantee that the car will work properly as he's got no time to spare changing air struts or solving EPB issues or the likes, so I want to ask, what else should I do other than the transfer and diff oils? the 3 is almost 10 years old

Should I look into any other component of this "look but don't touch" vehicle?

any advice is well welcome :)

Last edited:

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your car does not age with years, but miles driven.
To me your Landy is barely broken.I am approaching 200 000 miles and my Lr3 is probably more reliable than when it rolled out of UK plant.Why did you have to change all those things i don't know .Air struts turn out to be one of the most reliable products out there and i still have original ones after 11 years of driving.No leaks at all.Yes changing a diff fluids is a good measure and it should have been done long time a go in your case if you planning to keep the beast for a long time.
If your father hates the brand so much i am sorry but he does not deserve to drive yours .Leave it with someone with LR love intact.
Good luck over the pond in United Kingdom.

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yah, well he's got a rather reliable merc, and tbh I absolutely understand him, he had to pay quite a bit for a car that he doesn't even drive hahaha.

Anyhow, so the diff and transfer oils haven't been changed because the manual says every 10 years or 75k miles, mi car turns ten this year and is still like 3k miles short of 75 so i guess it's alright.

I am guessing by the lack of answers that there's nothing else other than what the manual states, yes?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72