ARB aftermarket bull bar winch bumper for LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toksook

Reaction score
Hello,

A few questions about the ARB bull bar winch bumper, which I am looking to install to my 2008 LR3 HSE:

1) Since the ARB replaces the factory bumper, I assume this will disable the vehicle's front parking sonar sensors. Is this the case, or can the sensors be relocated to the ARB?

2) Assuming installation of the ARB DOES render the front parking sensors useless, is there a way to configure the vehicle so that the rear parking sensors remain active, or does the entire parking sensor system become disabled?

3) Is installaion of the ARB a hassle? Should it be left to the pros?

4) For anyone who has an ARB installed, how do you like it?

Regards,
Eric

tonysheeba

Reaction score
yes dont worry u can only disable front parking sensor ,contact any dealer because using IDS and reconfigure it is 10mts job.rear PDC working normally
[email protected]

Roverine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ARB bar

I installed my own bar. It was not hard to do if one is the least mechanically inclined. The hardest part was cutting the plastic fender flares to get a straight, clean finish (I used a circular saw). The directions provided are really quite good. My 2005 SE does not have the front PDC, so I can't answer your question directly, although I have seen some discussion of this topic on the UK Disco3 site (http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/). My recollection is that some have said they will not work well. I like my bar alot. I think, in addition to the protection and better approach angle it provides, that it looks great and makes my LR3 look like an off-road machine. Which it is. Also, the front brush tube works great as a tie down for kayaks, etc. strapped on top.

Last edited:

toksook

Reaction score
yes dont worry u can only disable front parking sensor ,contact any dealer because using IDS and reconfigure it is 10mts job.rear PDC working normally
[email protected]
Thanks for the info. This is good to know. Although I don't really find the front parking sensor that useful, the rear sensor has its benefits - on-road and off - not so much for parking, but for backing up on a trail or helping to prevent running over the neighbor kid's tricycle (or the neighbor kid).

toksook

Reaction score
I installed my own bar. It was not hard to do if one is the least mechanically inclined. The hardest part was cutting the plastic fender flares to get a straight, clean finish (I used a circular saw). The directions provided are really quite good. My 2005 SE does not have the front PDC, so I can't answer your question directly, although I have seen some discussion of this topic on the UK Disco3 site (http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/). My recollection is that some have said they will not work well. I like my bar alot. I think, in addition to the protection and better approach angle it provides, that it looks great and makes my LR3 look like an off-road machine. Which it is. Also, the front brush tube works great as a tie down for kayaks, etc. strapped on top.
Thanks for the info. Can the bar removed and be replaced with the original bumper if need be (say, for returning a leased vehicle), or will the cutting of the plastic fender flares be visible if the original bumper is replaced?

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You would have to replace the fenders too. There's no going back once you cut them obviously. You could save the bumper though, and just buy new fenders if you wanted to go back to the original look. I love this bumper and would get it if I could justify it. Maybe someday.

Roverine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As Boaz notes, once the fender flares are cut, they would have to be replaced if you wanted to restore the stock look. You also have to cut the plastic wheel well linings to make them fit the ARB's better angle of approach. Otherwise these hang down below the bottom of the ARB bumper and are unsecured. Also, there are two small plastic parts (brackets) which attach to the OEM bumper (under the bumper cover), which I presume have a role in spacing or crash/crumple-zone behavior which the directions for the ARB require you to partially break off. I suppose these should be replaced if you return to stock. Otherwise, I see no reason you could not return to stock. Everything else bolts on and off. I don't know about a leasing company, but my LR dealer commented that my bar would increase the trade value of my rig if I wanted to upgrade to a newer model (so far, why??). Hope this helps.

Last edited:

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont think you can change your headlight bulbs with the arb bar installed

Roverine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have heard that, but I think there is enough clearance to get them out. If not, lowering the bar off it's mounts means removing 6 bolts. How often do you replace headlamps?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Headlamps themselves, if Xenon, should really never need to be replaced...but those running lights inside the same assembly will!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635