Arb Land Rover LR4 Winch Bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blathering1

Reaction score
Any insights on the ARB LR4 Winch Bar-- is it on the market?
What happens to the parking sensors?

Curious as to the weight of the unit. With a winch the weight will be significant-- how much this will impact the balance of the truck remains to be seen.

I heard of a company in PA making a bumper/winch mount for the LR4-- they made LR3 bumpers and were trying to have one designed for the LR4. Anyone aware of this group and their progress?

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A synthetic winch line will help reduce the weight but you don't have to use a full bumper replacement in order to have a winch. There is the factory tray as well as aftermarket versions that tuck inside the oem bumper shell.

Blathering1

Reaction score
Front Bumper Weight

Thanks Jwest-- I will look at the under bumper trays. Synthetic rope is good weight reduction idea as well.

The aftermarket bumper has light guards and a much more robust frame which is the appeal to the ARB, the winch tray is an added bonus.

I recalled the name of the PA outfit that was fabricating bumpers...Bottorf Fabrication. They only had an LR3 at the time I spoke with them, I will see if they have updated their line.

Blathering1

Reaction score
Bottorf is Gone

I recalled the name of the PA outfit that was fabricating bumpers...Bottorf Fabrication. They only had an LR3 at the time I spoke with them, I will see if they have updated their line.

I found that they are gone (apparently with good reason from what I hear!)

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I do like the ARB on mine but have yet to hit a moose to really see what it will do for me. It is an easy solution though overall when considering the winch mount. What do you need light guards for? Maybe I don't know what you mean. Are you planning on running through lots of heavy branches? ;)

Expedition Exchange has some synthetic winch line solutions and lots of other stuff to consider.

Before a new bumper or winch though I'd first have:
1- great tires and full size where it's easy to access.
2- bridging ladders and shovel

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Based on their Facebook posting (arb usa), it appears they are very close to have a production bumper ready. Seems like the timing should be May.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4