Atturo Trail Blade MT 255/55R19

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just saw this one advertised in the premiere issue of Alloy + Grit magazine, thought I'd throw the link over on the forum as it is a fairly aggressive looking All Terrain / Mud Terrain hybrid choice for those with 19" wheels that I don't think has been discussed yet. It's not a LT tire in that size, but it is XL rated, which should make it a good choice for the LR4 in the dirt and mud.

Don't know much about Atturo tires and some of their marketing material sounds a bit... childish ("Menacing sidewall will scare children." Really?), but hey, can't be much worse than the very, very slim pickings of A/T tires available in this size, especially if you are looking for something more competent in the mud.

http://www.atturo.com/moto/#./trail_blade_mt

Last edited:

BrandonM7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just for a little additional information, after seeing that ad I contacted them to see if they had plans to make the A/T or X/T in the 255/55-19 size. The guy answered very quickly and politely. Unfortunately the answer was no, they only have plans for the M/T. The person who answered me said he runs the M/T on his LR4, so with a little googling I found a few pics and a couple of forum posts elsewhere, but not a huge amount of info. They look great on his, but are a bit aggressive for the use of my LR4 - I'd be much more inclined to run the X/T, but he said there's currently no plan to make it.

So the good of my story is that someone (not sure his role) at Atturo is one of us LR4 owners and responds to contact quite well. Bad news is only the M/T -- that isn't bad news for a lot of you, though.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious what their real world performance is. The gist of the webpage sounds like the design was inspired by some guy who makes knives to make them look aggressive.

The unique design of the Trail Blade is based on the cutting edge blades of designer Jared West, of Quartermaster Knives. We partnered with Jared to create something fresh in the LT tire segment. As the styling of the tire has become almost as important as the performance, we sought a unique blend of the two. We selected knife blades to incorporate into the tire design based on their intended use as a gouging or clawing type tool. The shoulder and corresponding sidewall tread blocks are based on a pusher style double tipped blade, even including the contoured edges. The alternate sidewall lugs are from the Karambit type blades. Quartermaster is making some of the most unique high quality blades on the market. Where else can you put the same blade in your pocket and on your truck? Only with Atturo & QTRMSTR!

Not sure how serious I can take a tire design by a guy who makes knives with a nickname like a gamer kid.

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never heard of them. Corp is Bland, MO.
https://www.corporationwiki.com/Missouri/Bland/atturo-tire-corp/65670710.aspx

Wonder where they are manufactured?
Per their site:
Atturo offers a quality tire with true performance at an affordable level compared to original equipment and other major brands. We produce a REAL tire that maintains and improves the quality of your vehicle. Atturo tires are produced in world-class factories of Taiwan and Thailand. With a combined 80 years of tire manufacturing experience, these factories produce tires certified for the global market. Atturo tires are tested by independent agencies to assure consistent quality standards. A three-year warranty applies to all new Atturo tires.

Stealther

Reaction score
IMO, anytime any company cites "combined years of experience" it means there is nobody on their staff that is worth mentioning.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious what their real world performance is. The gist of the webpage sounds like the design was inspired by some guy who makes knives to make them look aggressive.

Not sure how serious I can take a tire design by a guy who makes knives with a nickname like a gamer kid.

Just sounds to me like they don't know much about tire science but want it to look cool and have ridiculous marketing.

greg.t.bodene

Reaction score
I called the tire shop and their immediate feedback was ridiculous loud and only perform in trail conditions. Not recommend for all seasons. They suggested the Goodyear in the same size for a small difference in price.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM