Will I still be able to drive these tires with a suspension fault?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m_lars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting discussion for me. Recent change on my end where I'll be moving to a new place with a lot more room - and snow and dirt - so am going to look at more aggressive tires in a year-ish. When I bought my LR3 in 2010 I also got the OEM 18" rims so was thinking of using that for my more aggressive tire set up. I know there has been a lot of discussion on the best tires for the LR3s over the last 10 years. Any top recommendations looking at what's available in 2021? Some of the top recommendations back in 2010-11 aren't available anymore. Thanks!
I can’t say enough good things about the Cooper S/T Maxx. Tread life has been amazing on a vehicle notorious for going through tires, they have reasonable road noise and most important to me the sidewalls are very tough. I have scrubbed them off so many rocks and have zero damage. They are also the only tire the the king shop at Park City Mountain resort will put on their trucks. They see almost exclusively mountain access roads. My next set will probably be the Cooper SST PRO, a mud tire with the same carcass. I had considered them but opted for the S/T Maxx due to road noise concerns. Since then my oldest son bought a samurai with them on it and they are as quiet as my tires. The last one I considered and would still recommend is the Falken Wildpeak A/T3W. I decided against them because I wanted something more aggressive. I have only read good things about them across multiple off-road oriented forums. They also have the mountain snow peak rating, which makes them very appealing as I live and commute in the Wasatch and Unita mountains of Utah. I recommend you stay away from the Goodyear DuraTrac if you’re going to do any off road. I have had horrible luck with sidewalls on those.
That's fair...I'm lucky that I can switch back 'n forth. If I couldn't, it'd stay big.
Yeah, every other car in the house has separate winter wheels/tires. The cost/benefit ratio wasn’t appealing enough to bother on mine, but I’d definitely do it if my wife or daughters were driving it. I’d still run the same/similar size though, why give up ground clearance when I need it most and performance is still satisfactory.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I go back to the performance hit. In my case, it's fairly distinct that September - May I'm not off-roading so swapping out makes sense. Different use case.

m_lars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I go back to the performance hit. In my case, it's fairly distinct that September - May I'm not off-roading so swapping out makes sense. Different use case.
Ground clearance is helpful in deep snow and I’m always on the road before the plows.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like I said....different use cases. Your logic makes sense to me, for your situation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV