Audio - Low Power Mode - Override?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Iv searched and searched, but cant find any (so it probably unlikely) BUT does anyone know if there Is there a way to override the volume 20 limit when running off the battery? We play beach volleyball at lunch and like to listen to music. 20 wasnt loud enough, so I had to run the car for a while or suffer the condemnation of my peers about how wimpy the radio is. Thanks, -Doug

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think so, Doug. The low power mode limit is written in the software, Engine Off = Low Power Mode kicks in. I messed around with settings in both radio and infotainment system's diagnostics before, but I never found a way to bump up that volume limit, even temporarily.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Iv searched and searched, but cant find any (so it probably unlikely) BUT does anyone know if there Is there a way to override the volume 20 limit when running off the battery? We play beach volleyball at lunch and like to listen to music. 20 wasnt loud enough, so I had to run the car for a while or suffer the condemnation of my peers about how wimpy the radio is. Thanks, -Doug

I feel your pain. Every time I had my previous trucks out on the beach it could be the center of the beach party. Play the stereo just about as long as you want and maybe think of starting the engine once or twice to make sure the battery was good...

...not so with the LR3. The battery goes dead too quick and the stereo isn't loud. Sucks...everyone out there on the beach with a vehicle that costs a fifth of what our does is playing tunes just fine. Sometimes they just overdesign and forget about the simple features, like how to run the stereo w/o having to power on the NAV and the other 27 computers in the thing.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the insanity check. I guess we will have to live with FM from the wrangler :-(

rookierover

Reaction score
This blows... I just had a nightmare of a time using the lr4 at a drive in... had to run it just to listen as stated here. I was sure there was a way... bummmmerrr...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99