Auto recirc. Huh?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the page from my 2013 Owner's Manual explaining how the "Sensitivity of the air quality sensor for automatic recirculation can be adjusted." I have highlighted the puzzling part (puzzling to me...) in yellow.

Automatic Recirculation

*** they talking about? :confused: I have no Climate menu and options on my touchscreen. Or do I? Or, perhaps we don't have such air quality sensor in North America. Anyone with a MY2013 care to take me out of my misery? Thanks.

Last edited:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am willing to bet that is a carry over from the Range Rover and not even an option on the LR4. You will find that sometimes the manual is weird. Does it still say that the fuel door locks when the truck is locked - that's a lie as the NA LR4 doesn't seem to do that - at least 2010-2012.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it sure does. And no, it sure doesn't. :frown:
;-) I know there are a few examples like that in the owner's manual. The fuel door locking is VERY silly and there was a post about it a couple years ago. I remember asking my dealership about it and he said that sometimes the manuals are not properly edited between countries or vehicles. HAHA!!!

Anyone else have any other examples?

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fuel door on my Discovery 4 does lock when I lock the doors.

The re-circulation setting disengages automatically after a while with the A7C on auto mode.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What MY are you driving Alex? Mine is a 2013 - no locking fuel door. Maybe Land Rover got cheap a year or two ago. Edit: Your "Discovery 4", my guess is you are not in North America then... We are just talking about North America spec vehicles (although our manuals still claim the fuel door locks, it doesn't), I know it locks in most other countries, where fuel is, like, $10/gallon. :wink:

If you hold it a couple of seconds, the recirc button will stay engaged even in Auto mode (something like "Latched Recirc." pops up on the touchscreen), until you manually turn recirculation off by hitting the button again. Still, it would have been nice for recirculation to turn on automatically when driving near farms with, you know, lots of cows. :smile:

Last edited:

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2011 TDV6 Discovery 4 in Panama

When holding the recirculation button it does hold for longer (not indefinitely) but disengages Auto A/C.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo