Day / Night theme

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is to be filed in the "Extra minor annoyances" folder, but still I thought I'd throw it out there to see if anyone else is experiencing it. My 2013 came with a setup option for the touchscreen of Day, Night or Auto "themes", not sure if this feature was implemented on MY2013s or has been available on earlier model years. My 2006 Sport doesn't have it.

Basically, in "Day" most menu buttons backgrounds and guidance maps on the touchscreen are light / white with dark fonts, in "Night" they are dark gray / black with white fonts, and in Auto they are supposed to switch automatically from Day to Night (or Night to Day) according to the ambient light sensor in the cabin. That's great, but my problem has been that, when in Auto mode and driving during a sunny day, if I enter a tunnel the headlights turn on and the theme correctly switches to Night within a few seconds. However, when I exit the tunnel the headlights turn off as expected but the display remains stuck in Night mode until I turn off the engine and restart the ignition (or manually switch from Auto to Day on the setup menu.) This happens no matter how bright it is out there.

Anyone else noticed this? Not yet sure if this can be reproduced each and every time, but it happened twice to me today so I am pretty sure it wasn't just a one-time fluke.

Last edited:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think the 2010-2012 models have this feature? I have a 2011 and this is not an option (at least I don't think so?).

Sometimes I wish they would just make things simple.

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have this feature in my 2012. But we don't have tunnels in Florida long enough for me to test this. I think the issue is it changing more than once during a start cycle?

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have this feature in my 2012. But we don't have tunnels in Florida long enough for me to test this. I think the issue is it changing more than once during a start cycle?
Wow - cool! :)

I wonder if I have it in my 2011? I have barely ever played with any of the functions (which is sad after 2 years).

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good times. I had the steering wheel radio controls big again this weekend too. And it wasn't from hitting too many buttons at once.

Life is an adventure.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ngomac