AutoCenter Northwest Trail Drive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jond604

Reaction score
We'll I got my LR3 back a few months ago and have been dying to take it offroad, I checked with the Land Rover dealerships about trail drives, or driving schools up in BC, but were told they didn't have anything.

Luckily I had some service work done down at Seattle Landrover and they had me on their mailing list and I got an invite to their Land Rover offroad event. We went out this Saturday morning from Cle Elum Wa. There was about 18 LR3 1 LR2 and about 3 Disco's. We drove about 45 minutes up to a Wenatchee forest campsite and got a debrief from Dave (Land Rover Instuctor) on what to expect. We spent most of the day convoyed up and got to do some good steep descents, really good rutted trails, some tight fit bridges and lots of other good stuff. The thing was organized just great with a support crew along. At the beginning of the drive, I got a HDC error on my console, I spoke to one of the techs which were along and they had a trouble shooting computer along and could find the problem if needed, but power cycling the vehicle got rid of it. They supplied lunch as well as dinner after. I have to say I was super impressed with AutoCenter NW for the whole day and I am sure it went a long way to creating excellent customer loyalty to everyone that was along for the drive.

Anyway I know how to use my Rock Crawl mode properly now and can't wait to get out again. Anyone know of any good trails up around Vancouver BC way?

Cheers
Jon

A couple of pics here (not the best but oh well)View attachment 880

Attachments

• IMG_0806.JPG
    IMG_0806.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0874.JPG
    IMG_0874.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0859.JPG
    IMG_0859.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0875.JPG
    IMG_0875.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0864.JPG
    IMG_0864.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 104

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've done my share of wheelin in that area; any idea where you guys were more specifically? Curious.

...I got the e-mail from the dealer, I would've liked to go...but I was at a college football game.

...but that many trucks sounds like a logistical nightmare.

jond604

Reaction score
We came off left on the I90 heading from Cle - Elum towards Ellensburgh at exit 101. I think it was headed up to Camp Ryder, which was part of the Wenatchee forest (i believe) the trail started from there.

I think they are doing another drive this week. There was another drive on Sunday with half the people in it.

Cheers

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool. I took mine out a total of 9 times this year; I'm done until next spring. It's Football season.

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats alot of vehicles would suck to be stuck behind someone who can't wheel. Looks like a nice lil trail

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No sir...it's not that I gotta catch the games on TV. I attend about 5 games a year....and even if there was one that I had to see on TV rather than in-person, it's just not the same on the DVR. Invariably you find out who wins ahead of time and it takes the suspense away from the game.

Coincidentally....I was in Corvallis, OR last Thursday and watched the Oregon State Beavers beat #`1 USC. If you'd been there, Nathan...you'd understand how/why I could take a break from wheelin' for a few months! (OSU is my alma matar)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4