Automatic Windows LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wcryer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone figured out how to make the window switches automatic (can press all the way and the window goes all the way down)? at least just the driver window?

Thanks in advance

EIGHTLUG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe, only the Drivers window has express up/down.... The other three are old school, you have to hold the switch throughout the travel of the window. I still don't understand the purpose of this "feature."

wcryer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as far as i can tell my driver side doesnt seem to have the express feature, maybe its broken? the purpose is so you dont have to hold the thing down for however long it takes for the window to go down.

gtc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, the driver's side is auto-down. You can buy aftermarket units to make the rest of them auto-down (& auto up!), if you don't mind taking off the inner door skins and splicing some wires...

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yours being on 08 should have that all on windows. I think you have a problem. I have an 05 and only have express up/dn on the drivers window. It is noticable by a second detent in the switch as you pull it all the way up or push it all the way down..

wcryer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmm, well ****. definitely no second click in any of my buttons...way lame...ill investigate further

Mack73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just checked my 08. No double detents. Just one position.

Mine does auto down/up for both front windows. No auto down/up on either rear windows.

Not sure if these opporate like other brands. But in Audi/VW world you have to do a cycle so it learns the limits. Something like hold down the switch till it goes all the way down. Then hold the switch up till it goes all the way up. Then hold the switch down till it goes all the way down. Then it back up again. Then try the auto down

Edit: found this post about a D4 - might try this (almost the same as I said above, just up after the cycle) http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic55651.html

Last edited:

wcryer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so its on page 108 in the manual, tells you how to reset it. it worked for the passenger front, but not the driver front, haha figures. anyone got any further ideas on how to troubleshoot?

schafari

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The front driver and psngr are auto up/down. They can be programeed with just the switch itself. There is not second detent or anything. Push switch down and let go all the way down. Hold for a sec and release. Pull switch up and keep holding till all the way up and hold for a bit. Release and immpediatly pull back up and release. Do this with the car running.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99