AUX Port Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

X

xcursion

You mean the LR3? I am surprise to hear a paint issue on a 3 week old car. Do you have pictures or more details (bubbles? where on the car)?

S

schafari

There was a tech bulletin on paint issues and quality control. It was a form for the dealers to fill out in detail. I may have old copy. Can yo post attachements in the forum?

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
toddjb122 said:
it is likely noise from your power supply.

In my first LR3 I could produce the sound without anything plugged into aux...

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The paint tech bulletin is just a form to document defects, to be used by the service department. Won't do you much good...

I'm also confused about your dealer refusing to fix your problems. If there are problems, they get paid to fix it by Land Rover!

Last edited by a moderator:
E

Eire

I will take some pictures of the paint problems and post. Bubbles on the frame inside the door.

Grommet they claim that most of the items should have been reported when i bought the car, I did not check every inch of the car before i drove off, who does, only noticed most of the issues when i cleaned the car a week later. Marks in the leather seat etc... LR warranty guy rufused to do anything about the paint or the leather, marks in door panel on drivers side... Bit of a nightmare

Will mention the DVD tech bulletin to LR thanks Grommet.

Yes it is the LR installed Rosen DVD system.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In general, it is your "job" to check the vehicle for any physical damage (scratches, dings, rips, etc.) before drive-off... a bit like a rental car. Once you leave, how can you prove you didn't do it? How does the dealer/Land Rover know the damage didn't happen on your clock? If it was only a week, I'm a little stunned your dealer didn't give you a little slack.

Obvious factory flaws -- like paint defects -- shouldn't be an issue. But if it really had major flaws, I wouldn't have bought it personally...

Eire said:
I will take some pictures of the paint problems and post. Bubbles on the frame inside the door..
You mean the part that isn't normally seen? Yes, please post.

Last edited by a moderator:
E

Eire

Askewed,

Did you get your LR3 replaced or just purchased another?

A

AZSTALZ

I also get a "tinny" noise from my AUX port when I plug in a shielded 3.5mm cable. Even w/o anything plugged in on the other end of the 3.5mm cable there is considerable noise. When I unplug the cable, no noise. Noise is apparent when plugged into XM Delphi Roady XT, too. Wonder if I can wire directly into the back of the Head Unit like the dealer does for a DVD system. --AZSTALZ

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo