AUX Port Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

E

Eire

I am getting engine noise from my AUX Port with iPOD and Sirius. LR said they have no reports of this issue, and will not even look at it due to the aftermarket equipment that has been installed.

It this a common problem? Does anyone know how to resolve it?

2005 LR3 HSE

D

dronedog

i don't know that i can help but are you using the belkin 12v connector? i get a noise if i don't. i assume it is from having to turn the ipod up so high. when i use the 12v charger with the output jack, i do not get any other noise.

The Dog

Z

zig

A few questions:
1/ I assume you are connecting the IPOD you are able to totally disconnect the Sirus?
2/ Are you using headphone socket on IPOD or connector on bottom?
3/ If using headphone output set to maximum?
4/ How is the IPOD powered internal battery or via vehicle battery?
5/ By engine noise do you mean alternator electrical noise?

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I reported it ten times if I reported it once...

Switch from cd to aux to clear it up... Do you listen to AM radio a lot? It get's worse when you use AM before or during. Also, when the noise starts flip your headlight switch around... I could make music with my switch when the aux noise was present...

They aren't going to fix it... How's the FM modulator work on your Sirius???

E

Eire

FM MOD on Sirius is not great. iPOD is connected via Felixdock http://news.designtechnica.com/slideshow8820.html
however even if I unconnect and just use the headphone jack it still has the same problem.

I did try and change to CD and back and it works for a while some of the times.

Sirius is connect via splitter, once I turn it off the iPOD will take over or vice versa. Gain is so low wonder about getting a small preamp. just trying to solve the noise right now.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No noise here. The only time I had noise was when someone I know plugged in an audio device with a very bad car power adapter... when it was on battery, it was clean.

S

schafari

I have zero noise or distortion. I have extremely low volume however from my XM Roady XT. Fixing with a line driver/pre-amp.

M

mwillems

I have this issue too!

It is intermittent. I reported it to my dealer, but nothing done at all.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have this issue. If the tips above don't work, it is likely noise from your power supply. Sometimes other devices or a poor quality supply will give you noise. You can buy power line filters at radio shack or online.

Other tips is try unplugging all devices except for your ipod OR Sirius. (unplug radar detectors, cell phones, chargers, etc.)

not the only tip, just another one. good luck!

E

Eire

I have tried with just the iPOD and still have the same issue. Dealer does not seem to care, I have complianed to LR HQ in USA about the dealer in Austin Texas. I have about 28 issues open with them in total more then 20 they refuse to do anything about only had the car for 3 weeks :(

Had an ML500 2006 that caught fire offroading :)

Not have much luck with the LR either :(

I have never seen a worse paint finish on a car, bubbles and colour problems, not to mention the welding on doors and trunk. I know its not a Mercedes nor is it likely to catch fire offroad lol, but it could be finished off better then it is

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo