Awaiting the snowfall...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M

Matt_Grim2

Moose said:
So, does that mean there are really only 3 acres? Or that your parents want a house with 5 acres someday?

Haha Very Funny... I guess to all of you guys you love to just keep on going at it, It doesn't bother me, i know what i have and don't if you need someone to rip on go right ahead, I guess from now on everyone will ? everything i say, thats cool but i am not going anywhere and you all just a bunch of A-Holes for not letting it go...

JohnKel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't be so Grim, Matt !!! you'll get over it someday.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Matt, don't delete posts -- instead, think about what you wrote before clicking the "Post Quick Reply" or "Submit Message" button.

People will forget about you lying about 36 hours after you stop bragging about modifications you haven't made yet. I told you in the other post -- people are not going to be interested in you posting as "advice" things you want to do, but haven't yet.

That's like me saying to someone "Be careful when installing that Detroit locker on your truck -- I really screwed up the shims and messed up the backlash" -- because I don't have a Detroit. So I stay quiet in those discussions.

Except for having to moderate people's posts, I try to stay out of LR3 discussions, because I don't have one.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Matt_Grim2 said:
Haha Very Funny... I guess to all of you guys you love to just keep on going at it, It doesn't bother me, i know what i have and don't if you need someone to rip on go right ahead, I guess from now on everyone will ? everything i say, thats cool but i am not going anywhere and you all just a bunch of A-Holes for not letting it go...
I will let it go, and it's not like Joey or Sam or I banned you for lying on the board....just watch what you say when posting "advice."

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, enough of all this banter. I think the point has been made. Some sh*t was talked, you all called him out...you keep pushing his buttons and he keeps digging the hole deeper, but, I think Matt seems open to let it go and just talk facts about trucks. So let's give him the chance! On to the snow talk...

Had a lot of fun in my LR3 this weekend! Went skiing Saturday night while it was coming down and felt safe on the drive home at 10:30PM when it was storming hard. Definitely felt more confident driving and passing when needed than I had in my old truck.

Part of this was because I played around in the parking lots last snowfall and got to see how the truck behaved with and without traction control on. This gave me the security to, not drive like an idiot on the highway, but know if a wheel did loose traction, the LR3 would go far to keep me straight! Drove great!

Man I love these fold flat seats! Plenty of storage space. After the local ski resort trip Saturday we loaded the car up with kites on Sunday and enjoyed some snowkiting. Way off topic, but just a tribute to the versatility of getting where you need to with what you need in the LR3! :)

npf388.jpg

Sorry I didn't take a picture of the rover parked in the snow and loaded up with 6 kites, 2 snowboards, harnesses, boots, etc. etc. Fun time.

Last edited by a moderator:
L

LR3_WA

A word of caution - from experience...

Prior to a snow in Seattle I took my LR3 up to a flat parking lot at Crystal MT and found it to be a champ in 'snow' mode. So when it snowed in Seattle earlier this year I put the truck in 'snow' mode and found on hills the anti-lock is super sensitive - which did not allow the truck to slide, but wouldn't let it stop on the paved hill (w/ snow) until I hit the flat section of the hill.

In talking with LR service they suggested putting the traction system into 'desert' or leave in 'norm'.

Just a word of caution as I'd hate to see a LR3 hurt or I guess a driver too ;)

M

Matt_Grim2

Moose said:
So, does that mean there are really only 3 acres? Or that your parents want a house with 5 acres someday?

If you say you are going to drop it then why did you take a cheap shot like that...

M

Matt_Grim2

toddjb122 said:
Okay, enough of all this banter. I think the point has been made. Some sh*t was talked, you all called him out...you keep pushing his buttons and he keeps digging the hole deeper, but, I think Matt seems open to let it go and just talk facts about trucks. So let's give him the chance! On to the snow talk...

Had a lot of fun in my LR3 this weekend! Went skiing Saturday night while it was coming down and felt safe on the drive home at 10:30PM when it was storming hard. Definitely felt more confident driving and passing when needed than I had in my old truck.

Part of this was because I played around in the parking lots last snowfall and got to see how the truck behaved with and without traction control on. This gave me the security to, not drive like an idiot on the highway, but know if a wheel did loose traction, the LR3 would go far to keep me straight! Drove great!

Man I love these fold flat seats! Plenty of storage space. After the local ski resort trip Saturday we loaded the car up with kites on Sunday and enjoyed some snowkiting. Way off topic, but just a tribute to the versatility of getting where you need to with what you need in the LR3! :)

npf388.jpg

Sorry I didn't take a picture of the rover parked in the snow and loaded up with 6 kites, 2 snowboards, harnesses, boots, etc. etc. Fun time.

Thank you ver much, It is what i have been trying to do, thank you for standing behind me...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9