Baby Discovery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very true but I have to say that I really like it.

I do too... just saw a really nice grey one with gloss black wheels and roof rails. Very sharp looking. Also I'll be in MA in a week and a half... will shoot you a text.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do too... just saw a really nice grey one with gloss black wheels and roof rails. Very sharp looking. Also I'll be in MA in a week and a half... will shoot you a text.

Nice. Hopefully this time we get to do something stupid. By the way I decided to go the Overland Journal route... What do you think I need if I go with 275/65???

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. Hopefully this time we get to do something stupid. By the way I decided to go the Overland Journal route... What do you think I need if I go with 275/65???

Sounds good. Please go with the 275/65 and be the guinea pig! Haha. Can't say for certain what you'll need, but almost definitely Johnson Rods or some sort of suspension mod (and probably some wheel well trimming). Let me know what kind of spacers you go with.. just curious.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do it!!! Like Brandon, I want to see how a 275/65 would work. We can all envy your tires.

Let me know if you guys go off roading, I will be in MA Dec 15 - 27.

-David

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure yet. Same as you guys 31.7 with the BFGs or 32.1...
Don't really wanna do too much trimming. 265/65 doesn't require any lift or trimming... Easy route. I kinda like that. However there's much more choice if I go with 275/65...

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure yet. Same as you guys 31.7 with the BFGs or 32.1...
Don't really wanna do too much trimming. 265/65 doesn't require any lift or trimming... Easy route. I kinda like that. However there's much more choice if I go with 275/65...
There are definitely more choices if you go with 275/65R18. I chose 265/65R18 because I did not necessarily want to keep my truck lifted full time and I did not want to modify the wheel wells. I do like the look of the extra height, but with my roof rack and the supplies on top, it just did not seem like a good idea. When I go off roading I lift to off road mode and then use my IIDTool to get a bit of extra height as needed.

For me, the capability of sticking with the 265/65R18 is far beyond what I need, so I did not want to go too crazy since this is my daily driver. I am extremely happy with my decision and the BFGs performed amazing off road last week.

Keep us posted!

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another article on new freelander

In the same posted article was a pic of what the freelander may look like. plus, some more insight into LR's thoughts on product alignment. It mentions 3 pillars do luxury, leisure and dual purpose with LR4 falling in leisure.

I hope that doesn't mean it will also take on the same design cues as all the other New models coming out.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/land-rover/freelander-2/64465/new-freelander

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99