BD Squadron fog lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
FYI... They turned out way better than expected!! Love them!

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great but I have to ask: why yellow? I like yellow for snow and such but I think bright white is better for general off roading?

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
Looks great but I have to ask: why yellow?

I'm glad you asked. I roll with a crew that's 10x faster than me, borderline trophy trucks wheeling, overlanding, etc... when flying through the night behind someone's dust trail white lights reflect dust like it does with snow. The yellow fog lights cut through all that especially when it's lower than the visible point of view of the driver. Hence, replacing the fog lights with these.

I have white floods behind the grill and a spot/flood combo FRO light bar up top. So, in the video, you get to see a preview of most of my lights. All of which I run when I'm not behind a cloud of dust.

CORover4

Reaction score
I added the same lights to my LR4 but the white/clear lenses. They are OK, but feeling like yellow may give that additional contrast for offroad. Dust and such mentioned earlier. I won’t drive the vehicle much in the CO winter so they won’t benefit snow driving. The clear lenses do supplement the standard headlights for road driving...but not as much as I hoped. Think I just talked myself into swapping for yellow lenses..
CAA8E997-F322-4247-B779-E742DF8BD184.jpeg

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: Got them H11 male pigtails crimped with the BD connectors on. I wasn't able to correct the wiring color on the pigtails, but they are wired up correctly.

Here's the wiring with the connectors, notice the H11 black wire is connected to the white wiring for the BD lights.

View attachment 11601

The factory blue wire connects to the black H11 wire and back to the BD white wire, or factory blue to BD white. Factory black to BD black.

View attachment 11602

Passenger side sits flush with oem fog light cover.

View attachment 11603

Same with driver's side.
View attachment 11604

Welp, they light up with factory fog light button!

View attachment 11605
Why the sport instead of the pro? Just curious

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
The sport has less lumens and i could probably get away with using it on the road vs purely off road. It's half the cost of the pros. At least that's what I tell myself.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA