Best cb antenna mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wcryer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been wanting to install a CB in the 3 for a while now. I just can't decide on a really solid point to mount the antenna. I have the stock bumpers, so I don't have much hope for drilling a hole into something there. I think the most important thing is having a solid ground point for the antenna.

Has anyone come up with anything creative? pics?

gdrider77

Reaction score
not really a super great spot, and the car is aluminum, so no good ground points really. What most of us do is put it on the rear, behind a light. Attach it to a fabbed up bracket. Look for RV/Marine antennas, as most of these do not require the ground, because the bodies are mostly fiberglass. I dont have a good picture of mine, otherwise i would post up.

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a whip antennae length that is ideal on the LR3? I know with our military vehicles we have a big bracket to mount them to and then have tie down clips in the back to keep them from taking out wires, etc. I've seen pics with antennae's mounted on the bumper, probably from a hard point created underneath the plastic cover.

GeoRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been wanting to install a CB in the 3 for a while now. I just can't decide on a really solid point to mount the antenna. I have the stock bumpers, so I don't have much hope for drilling a hole into something there. I think the most important thing is having a solid ground point for the antenna.

Has anyone come up with anything creative? pics?

I noticed you have an HSE, mine is SE and this is what I plan on doing:
http://www.landroverworld.org/forums/showpost.php?p=125561&postcount=13

pvangura

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not really a super great spot, and the car is aluminum, so no good ground points really. What most of us do is put it on the rear, behind a light. Attach it to a fabbed up bracket. Look for RV/Marine antennas, as most of these do not require the ground, because the bodies are mostly fiberglass. I dont have a good picture of mine, otherwise i would post up.

I'm also in this camp. I used a marine NGP (non ground plane) antenna, and mounted to an existing spot behind the driver's tail light. If you pull the light off, you will see a 10mm bolt that fastens a tab from the bumper cover to the body of the vehicle. I fabbed up a small 90 degree bracket that is also held by this bolt, and then also put 2 self tapping screws through it and into the LR3 (they are hidden by the tail light anyway) for stability. Here's a pic that shows where the antenna is mounted...look for the tennis ball and follow it downward:

DSC_0096.jpg

You can't really see how its mounted, but its fairly obvious what you need to do if you just yank the tail light out. I can prob snap some better pics if they would be helpful.

Paul

wcryer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
both awesome creative solutions. thanks for the links.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72