BG Induction Service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
....who's done it, and what were the results?

Recommend? Why or why not? Thanks in advance...

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have actually done both. BG Induction and Injection service.
I have noticed a slight improvement, but not much, as i try to keep my LR3 as clean internally as possible. I Always use premium fuel,change air filter every 7000 to 10000 miles , also had throttle body replaced at 60 or 70 T miles and spark plugs as well, so no great improvement, but definitely cleaner engine and internals , no doubt..
I actually had a CEL a day or two after , but that was due to loose O ring on the engine oil dipstick, that I did not pushed back correctly after an oil change , usually needed after such service as BG.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I take care of mine to much the same levels. Hmmm....oil isn't really ready as there is only about 1900 miles on it. Sounds like a good service to do overall, as long as it's done properly.

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've added the BG44k as part of my regular service program. I can't say I "felt" anything beneficial, other than knowing I did it. I think any engine that is well maintained and quality fuels used will not require a full induction service. Pick some up on ebay and give it a run. Be sure to know the expiration dates when you bid. Many listings are on expired dates. I sold my rig, but I'm sure the new owner will appreciate the ****-like maintenance schedule that I kept.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The injection service is a worthwhile endeavor for high mileage LR3's. The valves get carbon on them and don't close all the way.

I can't say there was much if any noticeable difference, but I am glad I did it.

The best thing for the LR3, is the rare opportunity to put non-ethanol gas in it, that provides a noticeable performance improvement.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...when I was on my way back from the Yukon Territory, I stumbled onto an Chevron that had 94 Octane gas. I "treated" the LR3 to some of that stuff....I wish my tank was a little more empty though so I could've put more in there. On the flip side, I had to stop (out of necessity) at some gas stations that I wasn't familiar with and a little wary of.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM