Bleeder screw replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How bad is the broken screw ? do u think you can assemble it back together with some JB weld ? as a temporary solution till u get a new one

It was not a bad break, but didn’t want to chance a coolant leak and overheat. I thought about that route but have another repair on the back crossover manifold so opting to pull it all out and fix everything at the same time.

I still love this truck but these repairs are wearing me out!

Last edited:

Huy Tran

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine didn't break but was weeping from the center of the X.
Just went down to Advance Auto Parts and grabbed one of these.
Screenshot_2019-02-07-05-10-58.png

Slightly longer (maybe 1mm) than OE but works fine. Not sure what the original application is for.
I want to eventually replace with a brass valve that I can attach a hose to divert the run off. I hate dumping coolant on top of the engine.

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Advance auto parts to the rescue! $4.92 after tax! You all just saved me $120! Thank you for the help!

As soon as I find the metal replacement, I’ll post up here as well.

image.jpg

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine didn't break but was weeping from the center of the X.
Just went down to Advance Auto Parts and grabbed one of these.
View attachment 9097
Slightly longer (maybe 1mm) than OE but works fine. Not sure what the original application is for.
I want to eventually replace with a brass valve that I can attach a hose to divert the run off. I hate dumping coolant on top of the engine.

That is good to know. I think I will pick up a couple to throw in my kit 'cause you know you're going to need it at some point.

Thanks.

BBLR3

Reaction score
Damn, wish I would have known this a while back. Nice finds. Good to know for next time the system needs to be bled for some reason

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM