Bluetooth can not be found

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Japper Rover

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just got my 2005 LR3 SE yesterday and love it. I can not however get my phone to find the Bluetooth connection from the vehicle. I am sure it has the Bluetooth module as previous owner had there iPhone paired with it. I have tried to find the signal using my blackberry storm and my iPhone 4 and no luck. Any suggestions.

Thanks,

JP

huelsmma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the car on...select bluetooth from your phone settings, make sure its on and have it search for devices. It should find LAND ROVER. The pairing code is 2121 I can confirm the iphone 4 and blackberry bold work.

Japper Rover

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Tried what you suggested a few times, no luck. Bluetooth on the phone works because I have used it for other devices. I guess I will have to go to the dealer and get them to have a look.

nashvegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are there green/red buttons in the right side of steering wheel?

Are there green & red buttons on the RH side of the steering wheel? If not, you dont have bluetooth. Bluetooth was _not_ factory fit on any 2005 LR3 models, HSE or SE. Came in late 2005 on 2006 models. It is retrofittable though. Could just be its dead / unplugged. Let us know.

Thos

Reaction score
Bluetooth not working/working intermittently

Ill join in with my pennys worth: I had a retro-fit Bluetooth done on my 07 TDV8. Most of the time it does not work. When re-pairing the phone, My iPhone 5 cant even find the car. However if I place a call directly from the iphone or receive a call, then the system wakes up, only to throw me out telling me " No phone connected" whats wierd is that the system can sometimes work with the ignition on, only to stop imediately after starting the car. Finally, If I drive more than 2 hours, the phonesystem works fine. Any ideas? Oh, and the steering wheel buttons stopped working today. The wheel-heating works, but the red light is very dim and flickers. None of the other button lights or functions work except the horn. I have an intermittent Airbag warning light coming on too despite having the seat belt pre-tentioner changed. Sounds like an ECU has gone, but any tips would be very welcome! Thanks:)

Thos

Reaction score
Intermittent Bluetooth

Thanks for the suggestion! Im not familiar with the car (L322) so is this a spring for the actual clock at the bottom centre of the console??

Rubber Cow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion! Im not familiar with the car (L322) so is this a spring for the actual clock at the bottom centre of the console??

Nope , good guess though...it's a part on the steering column that allows for electrical communication between the steering wheel electronics and the other parts of the car...also called a rotary coupler..

Thos

Reaction score
Steering wheel functions not working

Ahh! Thanks for enlightening me:)
I had also read that it might be the ignition-key barrel too. I cleaned and sprayed the key with WD-40 and left a thin film before inserting the key in the barrel and turning the car on to position two a couple of times. Started the car, and everything worked as it should. I have no idea if this really sorted the problem - or if the car decided to work again of its own accord. I wasnt about to spray the ignition lock directly though:)

kwlr3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also try doing a hard reset; disconnect both battery cables and touch the two cables together (you will need something to bridge the gap as the cables are too short to reach each other, a long screw driver will work)

I have an '05 HSE (very early model) that was not fitted with the phone kit. I installed it myself and twice it got so "out of sync" for lack of a better term that it could not recognize the phone. The phone system just needed to be de and then re-powered. The first time I dis-connected all the modules and got it working. The next time, I just did the re-boot.

Follow all of the pairing instructions in the manual. FYI, mine pairs with the code 0000.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM