Bluetooth can not be found

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thos

Reaction score
Bluetooth re-boot

A re-boot using the battery - I had not thought of that. Ive always been a bit worried about touching the battery as Ive heard all sorts of noises about the battery causing problems with the electrics.
The code I have is 2121 and that works. I actually filmed the problem last night. (Bluetooth working fine until start-up - then disappearing when the engine starts and the screen has been relit)

Thanks for the tip - I will give this a go. The car has just told me it needs an oil service, so Ill take it back to the dealer who installed the bt first and get them to try one more time, as they are still responsible!

PhyrraM

Reaction score
There have been software updates to the phone module since 2006. Some newer phones (who still uses a 2006 phone?) have problems. I believe the original software was mainly written for the hardwired 'dock' in the console with Bluetooth as an afterthought.

I, personally, used my Faultmate to update the software. However, the dealer can also do it.

My connection reliability has gone from "very spotty" to 100% since the software update (fwiw, Motorola Atrix 3G, Samsung Galaxy S4, and Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - all AT&T versions)

Thos

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip! I know the software has been updated in August and its strange that the system works fine so long as the car isn't running - although it did work tonight for some reason.

I had spent some time with the voice control and storing all my most important contacts (wife, kids) + learning how to get the phone to dial a contact. However this was a waste of time - as soon as the phone was rejected for the first time, all the names disappeared from the voice-control memory. Dooh!

Seems to me that the bluetooth/phone/control unit keeps re-booting itself thus losing any inputs that might have been er, inputted.

asmitty911

Reaction score
My iPhone use to connect to it with no problem (iOS6). But then apple updated to iOS7 and it now no longer can connect. Its a phone issue.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM